Gallo socks

kash

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Does anyone who stocks Gallo socks apart from the EG store on Jermyn Street in London? Are there any online retailers? Furthermore, how do these compare with Pantherella or Dore Dore?

Will

Honors Member
Does anyone who stocks Gallo socks apart from the EG store on Jermyn Street in London? Are there any online retailers? Furthermore, how do these compare with Pantherella or Dore Dore?

I have had half a dozen pair from the EG store. The older cotton pairs were prone to runs. The newer variety hasn't had enough wear for me to comment on durability but I have always liked their design sense better than either Pantherella or Dore Dore.

coloredsoxrock

Those state side can find Gallo socks at Barney's NY dept. stores. Of course they carry the BNY logo and are probably $10-$12 higher in price than ones carrying the Gallo logo.

coloredsoxrock

Gallo Source!

I have found a great online source for Gallo OTC socks!!! Ebay Italy! www.ebay.it.

I have purchased from this 'power seller' and he is great!!

The selection is great and the price isn't bad, 18 Euros to ship to the states ($26), which is less than the $32-$34 +tax price of the non-otc ones at Barney's NY.

Here is the direct link - https://stores.ebay.it/Georges-Roma

I hope you find this helpful!

Benjamin

Jamaican

Also try "Segun Adelaja" boutique in Quadrant Arcade off Regent Street in London. Far superior selection than the collection in Edward Green.

UK2004

Went to La Rinascente in Milan last week to purchase Gallo socks while ona trip, was amazed, the choice is unbelievable, cost ran from 16 Euros a pair to 37 Euros but they were far superior to the other socks I have seen in the UK like Pantharella, DD and a coupole of others. Also found some Story Loris socks in a small store in Milan these are also very nice but plainer than the wonderful designs Gallo do.

coloredsoxrock

I saw some OTC ones on Ebay (U.S. site) this evening, they weren't bold/crazy enough for me so I'm passing the info unto y'all. Also Ebay.it (Italy) has some great new ones too! Happy shopping!!! =)

max b

Gallo and DD have the same ownership.
DD Company was bought 4 years ago by the owner of Gallo.
Gallo socks are very popular in Italy; this Company was the one who re-introuced on the market the stripes socks as fashion accessory.
they have 7 mono brand shops in Italy, one in Rue Marbeuf in Paris.
suppose they are not so present in US with their logo because the Gallo logo is copyright of Gallo wines...

coloredsoxrock

Here is a great link for those of you looking to buy Gallo's. I have used this source and he is a great seller!

https://stores.ebay.it/dittalazzaretti

Just a heads up, I recommend selecting Uomo (Mens) when you get to his site so you don't buy Donna (Womens) ones by accident, unless of course you have smaller feet < US 9.

Hope some of you find this useful!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.