Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
This thread is for ladies (and I want to emphasize that) who shoot. Pin-ups, etc. will be erased and louche comments will earn discipline. Any questions can be addressed to me, Mikel or Andy.
1579213171689.png

1579213092248.png

1579212984281.png

1579212850186.png

1579057683176.png

Old Barbour ads, reprints from Orvis, H&H and Purdey are perfectly acceptable.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator

iam.mike

Partner / Administrator
Staff member
Less hunter, more military-like, introducing LA Police officer Toni McBride (IG: @toni_mcbride).

Note: Many of her photos wouldn't be suitable for this thread, so I picked one that is less provocative.

Dhaller

Advanced Member
Less hunter, more military-like, introducing LA Police officer Toni McBride (IG: @toni_mcbride).

Note: Many of her photos wouldn't be suitable for this thread, so I picked one that is less provocative.

She could easily be any number of women on my mother's side of the family! (Fitting that we have so many law enforcement folks on that side.) They're all in Texas and Arkansas; we have a LOT of guns in circulation around there. Bunch of cowgirls!

My mother was a certified marksman; my granddad (a police detective) taught her to shoot handguns and rifles, and she got rifle training from the US Army's civilian marksmanship program (not sure if that still exists?)

My dad's family were hunters, but it was mom who would have picked the zombies off at range at my house!

I'm waiting another year before taking my daughter (7) shooting; she's a little heavy on the "outlaw spirit", and while I don't think she would do something stupid, I'm going to let her simmer another year before handing her a loaded rifle.

When I feel she can handle a 20 gauge shotgun, I'll probably introduce her to clays. Handguns IMHO can wait until she's a fully-responsible adult.

DH

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
She could easily be any number of women on my mother's side of the family! (Fitting that we have so many law enforcement folks on that side.) They're all in Texas and Arkansas; we have a LOT of guns in circulation around there. Bunch of cowgirls!

My mother was a certified marksman; my granddad (a police detective) taught her to shoot handguns and rifles, and she got rifle training from the US Army's civilian marksmanship program (not sure if that still exists?)

My dad's family were hunters, but it was mom who would have picked the zombies off at range at my house!

I'm waiting another year before taking my daughter (7) shooting; she's a little heavy on the "outlaw spirit", and while I don't think she would do something stupid, I'm going to let her simmer another year before handing her a loaded rifle.

When I feel she can handle a 20 gauge shotgun, I'll probably introduce her to clays. Handguns IMHO can wait until she's a fully-responsible adult.

DH
Very much my take on things. When my daughter needed a second sport for her AF Academy application, I got her a coach and taught her trapshooting. She ended up in UC Boulder for AFROTC instead and didn't decide to stick with it.

However my ladyfriend has two great grandchildren who are eager to learn to fish and since we have a very good gun club in the area . . .

Big T

This comment is not aimed at female or male, but all of us that hunt: At 67, I've had a hunting license for 55 years, and prior to having a license, dear, old, now-departed dad, took me into the woods with him. Through those years, I've been around many, of both sexes. Some looked like they just stepped out of a L.L. Bean catalog, but virtually every one had the same trait at the end of the day, and for the lack of a better phrase, let's call it a "woodsy smell".

Reminds me of an unrelated memory. We were at our hunting camp, mid summer, and one of our daughters (around age 12 at the time), brought a friend. This young girl's father was CEO of a big board listed company, and when she arrived, she was the most proper cupcake. When we left two days later, she looked like PigPen, from a Charlie Brown comic strip, wearing filthy thermal long john bottoms, dirty t-shirt, and hair matted as if a brush had not touched it in weeks.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.