Gun Bunnies

Howard

Connoisseur
Howard, you just described the majority of males since the beginning of time! Relax, take three deep breaths, sooner or later, your mate will appear to you when you least expect it.

One of my best friends fits your description of yourself exactly, and try as he did, he never had luck.....until a year or so ago, when he met a lady, and they immediately became inseperatable. This past summer, after about a year of dating, at age 61, he married for the first time.

You know something Big T, I don't really care for a girlfriend, only 2 I've dated one had Down Syndrome and I went out with her for nearly 5 years and another had Asperger's Syndrome and I dated her for 3 years. I'll just take a girl as just being her friend but if it goes further than that then we'll see what happens afterwards.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
You know something Big T, I don't really care for a girlfriend, only 2 I've dated one had Down Syndrome and I went out with her for nearly 5 years and another had Asperger's Syndrome and I dated her for 3 years. I'll just take a girl as just being her friend but if it goes further than that then we'll see what happens afterwards.

Howard, my friend, you are at once both a handsome and a sensible fellow. Drive on and good luck with your future domestic quests! ;) (Boy, I sure wish we had kept the thumbs-up emoticon!)

Cassadine

Howard, my friend, you are at once both a handsome and a sensible fellow. Drive on and good luck with your future domestic quests! ;) (Boy, I sure wish we had kept the thumbs-up emoticon!)

Thank you for writing, "emoticon", Eagle. That's what I called them until my 17 year old daughter and her friends laughed at me!

Cassadine

1580421689759.png

JLibourel

Honors Member and King Fop
Not gun bunnie related, but for those of us a bit older, how many remember the days of perusing a Herter’s catalog, a Bannerman or any of the great shooting magazines of days past?

The Herter's catalogs were a hoot. George Leonard Herter's braggadocious effusions were something else. I think Bannerman vanished from the scene before I was old enough to own a gun, but I can remember some of my pals having the catalogs. What were the "great shooting magazines of days past," and when did the greatness vanish? As some of you may know, I was involved in that racket for over three decades.

Interesting how many of the "gun bunnies" in this thread are toting side-by-sides. I have read that they have lost considerable ground to O/Us even in Britain, which make me a little sad for reasons I can't altogether articulate.

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
Interesting how many of the "gun bunnies" in this thread are toting side-by-sides. I have read that they have lost considerable ground to O/Us even in Britain, which make me a little sad for reasons I can't altogether articulate.

I know, huh? I own a collection of lovely SxS's but when it's time for serious shootin', I break out the O/U's. Sad, really.

I know, huh? I own a collection of lovely SxS's but when it's time for serious shootin', I break out the O/U's. Sad, really.

I understand that there are some great SxS bargains in the UK market due to the rise of the O/U.

But the logistics of assessing fit, assessing condition, and the shipping of these guns for those of us based in the US, seems to make it far simpler to drive to Cabelas and plunk down the Amex for an off the shelf Beretta Silver Pigeon.

I am researching.....

Cheers,

BSR

Cheers,

BSR

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange