Gun Bunnies

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
tumblr_f12b1888c4641a5d9a6ac1d4bd4d20e6_6b1c9a32_1280.jpg

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
View attachment 44150

Mannlicher! The other true bolt action.

Bolt actions are indeed meant for serious long range shooting efforts! My preferred poison is a Colt-Sauer .243 caliber bolt action, paired with a 3 to 9 power Leupold Scope, fitted with Conetrol projectionless scope mounts. Many years back the ground hogs, coyotes and whitetail deer harbored great respect for "my little friend!" The shooter in the picture above isn't bad either. ;)

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
The rifle side of my gun safe is well stocked with Mauser 98's, one of them with Wehrmacht eagles. Both my .375 and my 6.5 Swede will group into a thumbnail at 100 yards when I do my part. Sadly, I don't look as good as she does.

challer

The rifle side of my gun safe is well stocked with Mauser 98's, one of them with Wehrmacht eagles. Both my .375 and my 6.5 Swede will group into a thumbnail at 100 yards when I do my part. Sadly, I don't look as good as she does.

my safe was full of M98/W70/Dakota for a long time. Then I found the Blaser R8 and that’s all I own from .22LR up to .375, with just two receivers. Ironically, SIG group owns the current Mauser, along with Blaser, SIG Sauer US, Hammerli, Sauer & Sohn, and others. I have managed to accumulate all of these without knowledge of the link. Still, everyone should at least one original 98 converted to civilian use. I still regret selling the 30-.06.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.