Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
That poodle on Duck Dynasty came from www.redhuntingpoodles.com. If there was a dog training area nearby I probably could. She would rather fetch than eat but unfortunately she gets carsick so either I give her a pill or we don't drive very far. She's coming up on five years old, now, and maybe I should start thinking of looking for a new puppy. But at 73 do I really want to try and train a puppy?

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
"Personal Hairstyles in The Covid-19 Era?"

This first shot is of me after several months of self isolation:
IMG_E5847.JPG
IMG_3450 (3).JPG

This second picture is of me on the first day after our local barber shops were allowed to reopen.

Alas, I am saddened to report that Mrs Eagle advised that I would not be a very attractive female! Oh well.... ;)

Howard

Connoisseur
"Personal Hairstyles in The Covid-19 Era?"

This first shot is of me after several months of self isolation: View attachment 44470 View attachment 44471

This second picture is of me on the first day after our local barber shops were allowed to reopen.

Alas, I am saddened to report that Mrs Eagle advised that I would not be a very attractive female! Oh well.... ;)

The first one you look like John Denver.

Acct2000

Connoisseur - Moderator
We still can't get haircuts here. I tried to get one in Ohio so I can be presentable for my Dad's funeral. (My hair has not been cut since some time in Mid-February.)

They are booked two and three weeks in advance. I admit that I gave up calling after I checked three places.

Acct2000

Connoisseur - Moderator
I got a haircut, but I ain't tellin' where or how! (One of my Blog readers saw my plight on Facebook and took care of it!) (My blog has nothing to do with clothes; most people here have not heard of it.)

Retired EE

Since we're still in Phase 0 for reopening, and with my hairstyle starting to look like my high school yearbook photo... I needed to find a barber shop that was open, somewhere. So, late last week I started my online search for the closest large town that was in re-opening Phase 1 or 2. Winchester, Va was opening-up, and I found a barbershop there. Interesting thing about this barbershop was that they served a round of free beer to their customers-- looked good to me.

Yesterday, drove 75 miles, one-way, for a haircut. It was a nice day for a long drive thru the Virginia countryside.

Had to wear a mask during the haircut. The metal nosepiece on the mask had to be bent around the contour of my nose to hold the mask to my face while the barber removed the mask loops to the ears. Anyway, a successful trip. No beer, though, the local micro-brewery was still closed.

eagle2250

Since we're still in Phase 0 for reopening, and with my hairstyle starting to look like my high school yearbook photo... I needed to find a barber shop that was open, somewhere. So, late last week I started my online search for the closest large town that was in re-opening Phase 1 or 2. Winchester, Va was opening-up, and I found a barbershop there. Interesting thing about this barbershop was that they served a round of free beer to their customers-- looked good to me.

Yesterday, drove 75 miles, one-way, for a haircut. It was a nice day for a long drive thru the Virginia countryside.

Had to wear a mask during the haircut. The metal nosepiece on the mask had to be bent around the contour of my nose to hold the mask to my face while the barber removed the mask loops to the ears. Anyway, a successful trip. No beer, though, the local micro-brewery was still closed.
When my barber shop reopened, post pandemic shutdown, we were required to wear masks when we entered the shop, but were allowed (not required) to remove them during the haircut, The barbers all wore masks and gloves continuously, sprayed the chairs and the capes liberally with disinfectant and allowed same to remain on the surfaces for five minutes, before using compressed air to blow the items dry, and they had what appeared to be one of those proximity thermometers hanging in a charging station on the wall, but I never saw it being used to check in customers. However waiting customers were expected to maintain spacing between themselves. I think I preferred the old fashioned way of getting a haircut, but Oh well. ;)

Dhaller

Elite Member
When my barber shop reopened, post pandemic shutdown, we were required to wear masks when we entered the shop, but were allowed (not required) to remove them during the haircut, The barbers all wore masks and gloves continuously, sprayed the chairs and the capes liberally with disinfectant and allowed same to remain on the surfaces for five minutes, before using compressed air to blow the items dry, and they had what appeared to be one of those proximity thermometers hanging in a charging station on the wall, but I never saw it being used to check in customers. However waiting customers were expected to maintain spacing between themselves. I think I preferred the old fashioned way of getting a haircut, but Oh well. ;)
My barber's shop is a small space, so waiting customers remain in their cars (or somewhere outside) until they're texted to come in.

I miss my monthly opportunity to leaf through months-old magazines!

DH

ran23

My wife refuses to trim my hair, but tells me her girlfriends cut their husband's hair. If I buy clippers , she is not getting to use them. Need them soon.

Howard

Connoisseur
My barber's shop is a small space, so waiting customers remain in their cars (or somewhere outside) until they're texted to come in.

I miss my monthly opportunity to leaf through months-old magazines!

DH

The barber I go to is also a small shop too as well so I may have to wait outside depends on the weather.

FiscalDean

I finally got a haircut yesterday. Had to wait outside and wear a face mask once inside. Hard to get a beard trim while wearing a face mask. I'll have to ask my wife to take care of trimming my beard.

eagle2250

My wife refuses to trim my hair, but tells me her girlfriends cut their husband's hair. If I buy clippers , she is not getting to use them. Need them soon.
It is arguably in the best interest of connubial relations to get someone other that one's wife to cut one's hair. SWMBO in the Eagles roost refuses to put the clippers to my head, as well. LOL. ;)

Howard

Connoisseur
I finally got a haircut yesterday. Had to wait outside and wear a face mask once inside. Hard to get a beard trim while wearing a face mask. I'll have to ask my wife to take care of trimming my beard.

Did you ask if you could take off the mask when he wanted to trim your beard?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange