eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
In the 1950's we were using Vitalis...more a liquid than a gel. And then, as I recall, there was Brylcream..."a little dab will do you, Use more, only if you dare!" ;)

Gurdon

Low maintenance and inexpensive.

When I was a kid with a flat top I used butch wax, and when I first grew a beard right after high school I used moustash wax. Both products were sticky and involved too much fussing to be worth the bother. Untill I ran out of hair I followed Shaver's dictum. I stopped using hair products some time around 1970.

Currently, every two or three days I use barber's clippers to cut my remaining hair as short as possile. I then feather the sides of my somewhat short beard. As my hair is white I don't have the dark dot problem that frequently accompanies shaven heads. I use barber's scissors to tidy up the lower edge of my relatively full moustash and generally neaten things up.

I shave my neck at the sides and back, and under my chin, daily.

When I travel I find barber shops and generally get satisfactory results.

Regards,
Gurdon

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals