thegovteach

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
When I was a kid with a flat top I used butch wax, and when I first grew a beard right after high school I used moustash wax. Both products were sticky and involved too much fussing to be worth the bother. Untill I ran out of hair I followed Shaver's dictum. I stopped using hair products some time around 1970.

Currently, every two or three days I use barber's clippers to cut my remaining hair as short as possile. I then feather the sides of my somewhat short beard. As my hair is white I don't have the dark dot problem that frequently accompanies shaven heads. I use barber's scissors to tidy up the lower edge of my relatively full moustash and generally neaten things up.

I shave my neck at the sides and back, and under my chin, daily.

When I travel I find barber shops and generally get satisfactory results.

Regards,
Gurdon
Ditto...I use clippers on my head about every 5 days...have had a mustache since 1976.. My hair on top started to check out about the same time. I was 19 at the time...

Jae iLL

I don't know if my hair will thin later on, but if it does I'll be ready. I currently shave my head daily with a razor, so no need to bother with styling it.

MikeDT

I would love to hear how everyone else keeps up with the latest hair styles or has tried anything daring...
The only latest hair styles I've really seen recently is what some of the students do, which can basically look like anime, they call it Korean styles. Sorry can't do that, not enough hair these days. So I do a number one with the clippers every few days, which is rather safe and conservative IMO.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
^^LOL...
....or it just thins out a bit and then turns all white. However, it's not all bad news. The good news is the even though you may not qualify chronologically, you still get offered the senior discount at all the local restaurants when the wife and you go out to eat! ;)

stevenclowd1

^^LOL...
....or it just thins out a bit and then turns all white. However, it's not all bad news. The good news is the even though you may not qualify chronologically, you still get offered the senior discount at all the local restaurants when the wife and you go out to eat! ;)
HAHAHA - This made me chuckle!!! Always good to be optimistic

Howard

Connoisseur
^^LOL...
Hey! I'm not THAT old, I'm still in my prime.

Jae iLL

But why would you want to shave your head? Do you get stared at?
I've always either maintained a high and tight (even before I joined the military) or a shaved head, shaved with clippers. I've found that using a razor daily just looks much cleaner. I actually don't get stared at, although I think some people might look more strange with a shaved head than others.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.