Howard

Connoisseur
Which is best for a hairstyle? using some hairspray or using some gel/mousse? I think using a lot of hairspray weighs down your hair making it stiff and it's hard to comb, so I think mousse is a better option.

Langham

Honors Member
Which is best for a hairstyle? using some hairspray or using some gel/mousse? I think using a lot of hairspray weighs down your hair making it stiff and it's hard to comb, so I think mousse is a better option.
Avoid all such products, Howard. All they will do is clog your follicles and hasten the loss of hair.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Nothing but water goes on my hair, when combing it, but I must ask, how much can one comb a head of hair that is 3/8th of an inch or less in length? Keep things simple...keep your hair short, very short! ;)

mikel

Partner / Administrator
Staff member
@Howard - I think it depends on how much hair you have. I (thankfully) still have a decent head of hair, not super short and only use about 3 short sprits/sprays of non-areosol hair spray.

I use Clubman and am rather happy with it.

Last edited:

Howard

Connoisseur
@Howard - I think it depends on how much hair you have. I (thankfully) still have a decent head of hair, not super short and only use about 3 short sprits/sprays of non-areosol hair spray.

I use Clubman and am rather happy with it.

As I'm closing in on 50 years old and I've been thinning for many years now, it's so hard to style my hair right after you get out the shower and towel dry it, it's like my hair is a canvas, if I mess it up I have to start over again, it's frustrating! And during the hot summer I try not to spray so much.

Howard

Connoisseur
No...not even once. I suspect that I am either too cheap or perhaps too lazy? But then, during the hottest days of summer, I tend to sweat a lot and that doesn't work well with hair products. ;)

I might try to do away with a lot of hair products since it feels like a brick that is laying on my hair during the summertime, I'll just spritz it here and there, that's about it.

Gurdon

If you have hair, you might as well do something with it. I only have a fringe of hair, which I buzz off every two or three days ... easy maintenance.

Howard

Connoisseur
If you have hair, you might as well do something with it. I only have a fringe of hair, which I buzz off every two or three days ... easy maintenance.

Gurdon, I have been thinning for many years now so I'm trying to style my hair as best as possible for the hair that I have on my head.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.