Hebrew Barrister

Because that’s not how it works. One must be torn down to accommodate the other. And who’s mistakes are we correcting? Anyone that made them is long dead, so how exactly is it the fault of the people alive now? What does “correcting” them even mean?
I don't think anything needs to be torn down. Anyone who thinks that, I disagree with. However, some things need rectifying.

... and are you seriously trying to say some issues of past idolized eras have been 100% eradicated and aren't present anymore?

Ok, probably getting too political in here. So can we at least agree that Harry's sock situation needs correcting?

EclecticSr.

Disclosure, I haven't seen the interview nor do I wish to. Further I do not know how the financial end of the Monarchy operates. Just a few questions regarding subject of when Harry met Meghan.
We flee to hollywood and buy $15M mansion, where did that down payment come from?
A$10M mortgage, where would the money come from to pay off? Waiting for that big promised deal? Does Harry receive a yearly stipend from the family? If so why not reject it? After all !!!!! If someone can provide factual info to the above I would gladly accept it.

To the subject of body language, I have not had training in the art of observation, instead relied on my ability to read reactions of those I would interview, served me well these 80 years. A doward glance to a question led me to believe the response wasn't quite truthful otherwise the person would look me in the eye. As to the clutching with both hands of the person whom you are trying to come across as sincere, drama? Not saying I'm right here or wrong.

Now onto the accusations, convenient to make when the the other party(s) unable or chooses not engage in a defence of mud slinging. You know once it's out there!!! Why to defend against it these days is a sure sign of guilt.

Back to my original statement, I could care less about any of them, but when a conclusion is reached based on an interview with Oprah, well then by gosh it must be true, shouldn't it?

Poor Harry and Meghan. The importance some give to those who have contributed nothing and scoff at those who have.

David J. Cooper

They are hardly standing on their own. If they weren’t former royals, the family issues might get them on Springer, if that. They are using their affiliation to the royal family to attempt to build fortunes without accomplishment or contribution
I would rather watch 24 hours of Cincinnati’s former mayor than 5 minutes of Ms. Winfrey.

EclecticSr.

I don't think anything needs to be torn down. Anyone who thinks that, I disagree with. However, some things need rectifying.

... and are you seriously trying to say some issues of past idolized eras have been 100% eradicated and aren't present anymore?

Ok, probably getting too political in here. So can we at least agree that Harry's sock situation needs correcting?
Rectify how, you mean by tearing down and remake, reshape it to suit some as is being done? You disagree with what exactly or with whom? Those who oppose the looting, rioting,burning and murder? Or, those actually doing it to use your words, rectify. Can't have it both ways.

Won't be eradicated as long as it's promulgated to suit certain groups and their agenda. Keep perpetuating it.

Harry's socks? Poor Harry and his socks.

Last edited:

mhj

Can I just say, I don't have the slightest idea what is going on with the Royal Family, other than Harry's socks, but it seems like there might be some troubles.
Of course, the titled aristocracy are the scum of the Earth, to quote Nick Smith.

And I love OTC socks. They stay up great.
I've long felt that we should have a monarchy here in the US based on our choice of recent and current presidents.

Tiger

Advanced Member
I've long felt that we should have a monarchy here in the US based on our choice of recent and current presidents.
As an alternative to monarchy, perhaps we could actually adhere to the United States Constitution as written and ratified, while at the same time teach students the importance of understanding that document and the concept of federalism!

smmrfld

As an alternative to monarchy, perhaps we could actually adhere to the United States Constitution as written and ratified, while at the same time teach students the importance of understanding that document and the concept of federalism!
So many youths were turned off by the events of the past four years or so that they've checked out of the political process. Hopefully things will now begin to turn around so we don't lose an entire generation of future policy leaders.

Tiger

Advanced Member
So many youths were turned off by the events of the past four years or so that they've checked out of the political process. Hopefully things will now begin to turn around so we don't lose an entire generation of future policy leaders.
In my view, the ignoring of the Constitution began over a century and a half ago, and its proper teaching ended many decades ago; it is not a modern phenomenon.

challer

Jeez Louise, I've got to watch that interview in it's entirety . Years back I took some training in interviewing/interrogation techniques, including the interpretation of body language. Admittedly, it has been a couple of decades since I completed the training and employed those skills vocationally, but from the interview excerpts I have watched, I have not noticed the substantial indications of deceit to which you refer. I did note Markles eyes were downcast when she was talking about an unnamed royal expressing concerns that her bi-racial baby might be born too black. The downcast eyes could be interpreted as a legitimate reaction to the emotional nature of the subject. As far as Harry being "anxious to leave the marriage," I didn't note evidence of that. To my eyes and ears, he appeared to be hanging onto Markle with both arms and is admittedly grateful to her for preventing him from having to endure the royal family struggles and insults on a solitary basis, as his Mother had had to do. My intent here is not to argue, but rather to present another perspective. ;)

PS: Harry and Megan actually live in a $15M mansion, carrying a $10M mortgage on the property.
They keys were Harry twisting his ring, an almost universal symbol. As is M's rapid blinking while stating "and that's the truth."

I stand corrected on the mansion. Thank you for that.

EclecticSr.

Can I get an Amen? As to teaching, I'm afraid those doing the teaching, for the most part, have no less a concept of the of the document but in fact attribute to the shredding of them.

EclecticSr.

So many youths were turned off by the events of the past four years or so that they've checked out of the political process. Hopefully things will now begin to turn around so we don't lose an entire generation of future policy leaders.[QUOTE}

Like Mao, Ping, , Marx, Lenin, Stalin, Hitler and the like? Those types of future policy leaders?
Or begin to turn around in the present with the leadership of a sock puppet, who daily exhibits the lack of knowledge of where he actually is half the time?

I will repeat this forever, unlike so many other countries you are free to leave to a destination that is more in line with your political beliefs. No one will miss you and I'm sure they would welcome you.

People risk their lives trying to get into such a terrible country and yet no one has to risks their lives trying to get out. Unlike what was fact in trying to escape east Germany.

Be careful of that what you wish for.

EclecticSr.

So now we have a newcomer who is qualified to determine who among us is unqualified. Rather rich.
Normally a welcome is inorder to a newbie, I think in your case I'll pass.

Last edited by a moderator:

iam.mike

Partner / Administrator
Staff member
Looks like this thread has deviated some from it's original "style" discussion and ventured into dialog that belongs in The Interchange.

Moving the thread.

Last edited:

delicious_scent

Nah, these threads that veer are what keeps the forum embers engaged. Less boring than " what color boxers should I wear that compliments my PS". ;)
Engaged in the sense of useless debates that rile people and achieve basically nothing.

I've trolled on other forums doing exactly this, in the past, and achieved the same results. It gets old.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.