Help finding a poplin suit

CrescentCityConnection

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Guys I need a little assistance in locating a khaki colored poplin suit. Seems like that should be an easy task doesn't it? There are alot of offerings from the usual suspects but the dilemma I am having is sizing. I have a pretty athletic build and standard drops in suits just won't work. Even the athletic cuts do not come close to what I need. I wear a 44S jacket and my waist size is a 33. The 8" drop on the athletic sizes require to much to be taken in at the waist and the pants wind up looking terrible. Do any of you guys know where I can find something that will work? I have called OC, Press, Hansens and visited Brooks, all to no avail. Thanks for the help gentlemen. I appreciate it.

Taliesin

I thought Press would split up suits to allow mixing and matching, but maybe they don't do that any more. You might call O'Connell's and see if they would do it.

Otherwise, it seems like one option would be a stock program like Brooks Brothers Select, which would let you order the jacket and the trousers in non-nested combos like 44S and 33. But this is probably kind of pricey for a cotton suit.

So a second option would be to wait for a sale, then buy two suits, one in size 44S and the other in a 39S, and split the two suits into one working model. If you could find a 40% off sale, this could be done for only a little more than the full retail price of a single suit.

CrescentCityConnection

I thought Press would split up suits to allow mixing and matching, but maybe they don't do that any more. You might call O'Connell's and see if they would do it.

Otherwise, it seems like one option would be a stock program like Brooks Brothers Select, which would let you order the jacket and the trousers in non-nested combos like 44S and 33. But this is probably kind of pricey for a cotton suit.

So a second option would be to wait for a sale, then buy two suits, one in size 44S and the other in a 39S, and split the two suits into one working model. If you could find a 40% off sale, this could be done for only a little more than the full retail price of a single suit.

The BB Select is way more than I want to spend on a cotton suit. If I wore suits alot I wouldn't mind but my typical daily attire consists of khakis and ocbd. The idea of catching a 40% sale would work and I never thought about that! Great suggestions and I appreciate your response.

norton

Then if you can find someone that wears a 39S jacket and the pants from a 44S suit you could sell the spares and maybe end up with a free suit! :idea:

I'm sorry, but it just had to be said.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange