itsafabulouslife

Starting Member
Hello everyone! I am helping to clear out my Grandfather's estate (who was the most dapper man you will ever meet :)) but I am struggling with these boots. They are obviously Ralph Lauren, made in Italy, incredibly well made and heavy. They are just beautiful. They do need some love, but I'm not a shoe expert and don't want to ruin them. The number inside has started to fade, but when I searched what I believe is the number nothing came up. A few other pairs of RL boots came up stating that they were vintage black label. But I'm not sure. He had such a collection of things that we really need to downsize, but before we attempt to, I would at least like to know what we have!

Attachments

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Years ago (the 1990's), when we were living in Valparaiso, IN, I used to take questions such as you are asking to the PRL Store Manager at the Outlet Mall in Michigan City. The guy never failed me...he might take a few days (or weeks!) to get back to me, but he always came up with an answer. Do you have a local PRL Store available to you? Just a thought..... ;)

G

Guest-406377

I am in Fishers, IN! I will check. I would think somewhere there should be! Great advice. Thank you!
Years ago (the 1990's), when we were living in Valparaiso, IN, I used to take questions such as you are asking to the PRL Store Manager at the Outlet Mall in Michigan City. The guy never failed me...he might take a few days (or weeks!) to get back to me, but he always came up with an answer. Do you have a local PRL Store available to you? Just a thought..... ;)

Matt S

Connoisseur
It doesn't look like either Black Label or Purple Label. I have a pair of Ralph Lauren shoes that are also made in Italy with the same lettering, and they're not from any particular line. I think they go along with the Polo line in terms of quality.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
The style of the boot looks like they are from Ralph's "Double RL" line, but I would have thought it would have said so on the inside label or sole.

Woofa

The style of the boot looks like they are from Ralph's "Double RL" line, but I would have thought it would have said so on the inside label or sole.
I would have guessed the same. Generally speaking rlpl will have the signature in cursive. However RL has made so many shoes over decades some don't always fit right in the categories. Is there a picture of the inside heel? @drlivinston is a good resource and of course asking on tof.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.