regularguy

Starting Member
Can anyone tell me about these suits? How would they compare with modern HFs?

I recently found two of these, which I had stored a long time ago and forgotten about. I believe I purchased them at the Manchester, VT factory outlet in the 1992 to 1994 time frame. The sleeve and trouser tags say "Imported Fabric Boardroom." They do not have any labels above the pockets. I wonder whether this means they were sent straight to the outlet as some sort of rejects or something. I don't see any apparent defects. They have a "wool" label right about the embroidered "HF" on the lower inside left (as worn).

They seem darned nice to me -- as nice as my other two HF suits, one of which is of a much more recent vintage. They were never even tailored. (Unfortunately, one seems to have a very small moth hole in one of the jacket sleeves) I'm just kind of wondering where this particular collection stood in the heirarchy of its day.

Daywalker

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I believe that, in its time, the Boardroom model was today's Madison. I still have a couple of them and think they are really fine suits, still current but a little boxy in design.

smr

HF has removed various hand tailored feature from their core line over the years, so these suits will have more hand tailoring than today's core line gray label suits. If they have the embroidered HF, they should at least have hand sewn button holes. Not sure if they would be HF Collection (core line before gray label) or the prior core line, which had even more hand tailoring (interior shoulder and collar seams, at the very least).

regularguy

Starting Member
Thanks. Yes, slightly boxy, but very nice. I'll have to see if anything can be done about that moth hole and get them tailored. I wish they still had price tags on them. I'm curious what outlet suits cost back then. It couldn't have been too much, or else I wouldn't have forgotten about them all this time.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.