eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
This morning I had a machaca and egg with avocado taco for breakfast. It turns out that machaca is simply beef jerky shredded in the blender and sautéed before you pour the scrambled egg over it. Simple and utterly delicious. And don't forget the red chili sauce.
Sounds rather tempting ...machaca, egg and avocado tacos have been added to my list of future culinary adventures! Now I just have to locate a local source for machaca. Thanks for the recipe. ;)

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
Sounds rather tempting ...machaca, egg and avocado tacos have been added to my list of future culinary adventures! Now I just have to locate a local source for machaca. Thanks for the recipe. ;)
Just use common beef jerky and shred it in the blender. If you want to go completely artisanal, there's a series called the Taco Chronicles on Netflix that shows the whole process. More trouble than it's worth, IMO.

TKI67

Today being Groundhog Day and Tuesday I put out a request on FB for recipes for Groundhog tacos. A friend suggested ground hog could be another way of describing pulled pork. So the crisped Boston butt is in the slow cooker with orange and mango juice, cider vinegar, onion, garlic, cumin, and ancho. I found some 25 calorie corn tortillas. I'll be interested to see how they are. They seem good uncooked.

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.