How about a Taco Tuesday Thread?

Vecchio Vespa

(aka TKI67)
These last few have me really wanting both carnitas and some barbacoa, maybe some tacos al pastor, too. I love banderas, a red sauce enchilada, a Suiza, and a tomatillo sauce enchilada. I think I may ask La Posada to serve me a plate of three totally different tacos.

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
tumblr_oooeck16To1ut248go1_640.jpg

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
Carnitas is the term for a pork recipe that you put into a taco. It's one of the great classics. If you're interested, I'll send you a recipe that my son found/concocted using pork shoulder with orange juice and pulp (among other things). The recipe makes rather a lot so it would probably be best saved for a gathering of the descendants. It requires a pressure cooker and a broiler.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Carnitas is the term for a pork recipe that you put into a taco. It's one of the great classics. If you're interested, I'll send you a recipe that my son found/concocted using pork shoulder with orange juice and pulp (among other things). The recipe makes rather a lot so it would probably be best saved for a gathering of the descendants. It requires a pressure cooker and a broiler.

My friend, I would definitely appreciate a copy of your son's recipe. I'm always looking for something new to try in the kitchen. Thank you and your son! ;)

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
This month's Bon Apetit magazine has an entire issue devoted to the Taco Nation. And naturally, I cancelled my subscription last month! However, it is online and I expect to be copying down a number of their recipes. I mean, some genius has invented the duck confit taco! How can you expect a man to resist that?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange