3holic

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Got GREAT service at PRL one day when I wandered in in my Del Toros with shorts and a polo. Sales staff must have figured anyone crazy enough to wear velvet slippers was also crazy enough to pay full price...
Don't mean to be harsh, but they probably thought "aha, a gullible fashion victim, ka-ching"

10gallonhat

Low entry price, solid quality, good way to "see if you like them" before plunking down big money for a pair of Edward Greens or something.
Just incase you're not subscribed to the "Ode to Velvet Slippers" thread anymore, check it out, I'm trying to decide between a few pairs and could use some opinions.

Ay329

I sent Broadland an e-mail to see if they can use my Springline bespoke lasts to make me a pair of bespoke Albert slippers.

If this works out, I will post pics and update everyone....Chris...thanks for the Broadland link

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
The interior on the Del Toros looks very low quality and uncomfortable judging from the pictures. Do you have some yourself?
Contrary to the way they might look to you in advertising photos, the interior construction on the Del Toros' seems of surprisingly good quality to me and I have found the slippers to be very comfortable. While I have had mine for quite some time, I cannot comment on the durability because, at this point, I have worn them perhaps a dozen times (or less). My Del Toros' are comfortable and seem of reasonably good quality but, in terms of style, I guess I am just not an Albert Slipper sort of "Dude!" ;)

LoneWolf

I've had a pair with skull and crossbones embroidery on my bucket list for a few years and haven't pulled the trigger due to cost. Checked the Teliard link above and long story short, even though they have don't have s&c on their website, after I made the inquiry they sent me some selections to chose from for a custom pair.

With free shipping and the discount code (thanks jrivera240) I can't find a better all-in cost and I've placed an order. If anyone's interested, I'll post a review when they come in.

Claybuster

I wear mine shopping, out to dinner, lounging at home, wherever I feel like wearing them. They look good with dress pants, khakis and jeans. I love mine.

jrivera240

Suspended
I've had a pair with skull and crossbones embroidery on my bucket list for a few years and haven't pulled the trigger due to cost. Checked the Teliard link above and long story short, even though they have don't have s&c on their website, after I made the inquiry they sent me some selections to chose from for a custom pair.

With free shipping and the discount code (thanks jrivera240) I can't find a better all-in cost and I've placed an order. If anyone's interested, I'll post a review when they come in.
I should have emailed for a custom design. Great idea. I went with a more tradition family crest style design for both of my pairs. For the price, the free shipping and the discount Teliard.com is the best out there. What kills the others is the time frame. 10 days from Teliard.com versus 6 weeks from the others. By the time 6 weeks come around you already want something else.
I wonder how long the coupon lasts. I am going to ask them. Let you know.

jrivera240

Suspended
I should have emailed for a custom design. Great idea. I went with a more tradition family crest style design for both of my pairs. For the price, the free shipping and the discount Teliard.com is the best out there. What kills the others is the time frame. 10 days from Teliard.com versus 6 weeks from the others. By the time 6 weeks come around you already want something else.
I wonder how long the coupon lasts. I am going to ask them. Let you know.
Just got an answer. The www.Teliard.com coupon expires July 31. I don't know if one person can use or several.

LoneWolf

What kind of "event" would you wear those at?
My SO is having a graduation/going-to-college party at her house for her daughter this weekend. Mine are supposed to be in by Thursday, so if I get them in time I'll break them in there. Possibly with a short-sleeved polo and a pair of Docker-style pants, but I haven't thought that far ahead.

Also, we take a cruise every year or so, and for the second formal night I wear an ivory DJ/turndown collar/cummerbund rig. I'm thinking these will go well with that.

fredbark

Starting Member
My SO is having a graduation/going-to-college party at her house for her daughter this weekend. Mine are supposed to be in by Thursday, so if I get them in time I'll break them in there. Possibly with a short-sleeved polo and a pair of Docker-style pants, but I haven't thought that far ahead.

Also, we take a cruise every year or so, and for the second formal night I wear an ivory DJ/turndown collar/cummerbund rig. I'm thinking these will go well with that.
Nice combination. Nice style

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals