TKI67

Elite Member
Howard, try putting sweet creme in your coffee and skip the sugar packets. I think you will like the end result! ;)
Or microwave some milk. Heating plain old milk brings out the sugar in it. Until I acquired an espresso machine that steams milk I’d microwave it and froth it with one of those inexpensive Aerolattes if I wanted to make a cafe latte.

Howard

Connoisseur
Or microwave some milk. Heating plain old milk brings out the sugar in it. Until I acquired an espresso machine that steams milk I’d microwave it and froth it with one of those inexpensive Aerolattes if I wanted to make a cafe latte.

Can it be just regular milk and for how long should it be microwaved for?

TKI67

Elite Member
Can it be just regular milk and for how long should it be microwaved for?
Sure. I’ve used regular, 1%, 2%, and nonfat. I microwave one cup about a minute to a minute ten seconds. It also works to heat it in a saucepan.

If you like lattes but don’t like Starbucks’ prices, get an inexpensive little Bialetti, a can of La Llave or Cafe Bustelo, and an Aerolatte frother. Total outlay ought to be about the same as about three weeks of Starbucks if you have one a day.

Last edited:

TKI67

Elite Member
The notoriously undernourished French have been putting heated milk with coffee for ages, but I believe they make up any nutritional deficit with things like buttered croissants, buttered baguettes, and even buttered breakfast radishes. The French know the health benefits of butter!

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
The notoriously undernourished French have been putting heated milk with coffee for ages, but I believe they make up any nutritional deficit with things like buttered croissants, buttered baguettes, and even buttered breakfast radishes. The French know the health benefits of butter!
....and the really frustrating reality of the French gastronomical penchants is that they don't seem to be as consistently prone to obesity as do we American diners! Wonder why that is? :icon_scratch:

TKI67

Elite Member
....and the really frustrating reality of the French gastronomical penchants is that they don't seem to be as consistently prone to obesity as do we American diners! Wonder why that is? :icon_pale:
I can attest to the efficacy of the so called Mediterranean diet. Fewer refined carbs for sure. Actually, the breakfast goodies I described are what we eat in France (baguettes and croissants, not radishes). The French themselves don’t seem to eat much breakfast.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
I for one can't drink coffee or any other caffeinated beverages after 1400 hours/2:00 PM. The consistent penalty for doing so is a night of badly disrupted sleep! But then, the penalty for not doing so is beginning each day with a caffeine withdrawal headache. Jeez Louise, life is a B****h. :( ;)

Tweedlover

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Sure. I’ve used regular, 1%, 2%, and nonfat. I microwave one cup about a minute to a minute ten seconds. It also works to heat it in a saucepan.

If you like lattes but don’t like Starbucks’ prices, get an inexpensive little Bialetti, a can of La Llave or Cafe Bustelo, and an Aerolatte frother. Total outlay ought to be about the same as about three weeks of Starbucks if you have one a day.
Cafe Bustelo used to be my go to coffee until Folgers came out with their new Noir line. This ain't your grandpa's Folgers. They have 2 very dark roasted coffees I like, rich satin and smoky midnight. Now I'm a dedicated Noir man. Just finished a pot of Brodie's Scottish Breakfast tea, though.

Howard

Connoisseur
One in the morning for breakfast, maybe one just after my light lunch and maybe just maybe one more after dinner but I try not to have too much caffeine or I won't be able to fall asleep.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.