vonSuess

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
It's mostly new summer suits for me. Big sales the end of last season got me a dozen light coloured summer suits in mostly linen, poplin and seersucker. It's enough that I can wear the new suits all summer and still have each cleaned and pressed after each use. I have a number of lightweight wool suits that will get some use this summer as well...

Peak and Pine

Connoisseur
1584163053835-2037499021.png

Who here would know that picture is 32 years old? Something to be said for timeless style.
Big sales the end of last season got me a dozen light coloured summer suits... I can wear the new suits all summer and still have each cleaned and pressed after each use.
You bought 12 suits all at once?.
I don't even buy donuts by the dozen. This is the second thread in which you've said you have your suits cleaned and pressed after each use. So maybe you do have to buy suits by the 12-pack, the cleaning process being rougher on clothes than the wearing (unless you're changing the oil in them, you're not, are you?)

medhat

I have some cotton and linen-blend suits and jackets that make the rotation in the summer. Conversely, I often find myself in very well air-conditioned work environments, so some suiting remains in play year round.

vonSuess

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
View attachment 41166

You bought 12 suits all at once?.
I don't even buy donuts by the dozen. This is the second thread in which you've said you have your suits cleaned and pressed after each use. So maybe you do have to buy suits by the 12-pack, the cleaning process being rougher on clothes than the wearing (unless you're changing the oil in them, you're not, are you?)
Well, I didn't buy them all at once. More like over a two-week period last autumn. I don't know about cleaning being hard on suits. Mine seem to last as long or longer than anyone else I know. Admittedly, I have enough that I don't have to wear each one all that often - even wearing a suit every day. But even if cleaning did wear them out, wouldn't it be worth looking freshly cleaned and pressed every day? Especially with summer suits like poplin or linen. Nobody really buys suits to last forever anyway, do they?

upr_crust

Connoisseur
>How I think I'm going to dress

>Reality

Jackets and ties are just too hot for me in the heat of summer.
Just remember that when Sebastian McFox wears those clothes, it's midwinter in Canada, as the gentleman in question lives in Australia. Were you and he the same size, you might arrange to exchange wardrobes, as he'd have no use for us summer clothes in an Oz winter, and you no need for summer clothes in a Saskatchewan winter. ;)

delicious_scent

Just remember that when Sebastian McFox wears those clothes, it's midwinter in Canada, as the gentleman in question lives in Australia. Were you and he the same size, you might arrange to exchange wardrobes, as he'd have no use for us summer clothes in an Oz winter, and you no need for summer clothes in a Saskatchewan winter. ;)
Not a bad idea at all :cool:

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.