Charles Saturn

Cleaner bags are the key. Everything gets its own bag, shirt, pants, jacket, maybe even one underneath the jacket on the hanger and one over. And unpack immediately on arrival.

The Rambler

Honors Member
or do you mean, in a suitcase? if then, a good old-fashioned method is to fold in half lengthwise, backwards over the back seam, carefully aligning the shoulders, then flip inside out, shoulder to shoulder, so one is inside the other, and lining is facing out, then fold lengthwise again, no, wait, it's to hard to describe, but I bet there's a diagram on the web ....

phyrpowr

Honors Member
If you have bing search (don't know aabout google), type in "folding a suit jacket for packing", and there's a youtube video about 5-6 down

eyedoc2180

Cleaner bags are the key. Everything gets its own bag, shirt, pants, jacket, maybe even one underneath the jacket on the hanger and one over. And unpack immediately on arrival.
+1 on the cleaner bag. (I don't buy the bags' alleged effects on the garment, short term.) I gave up on suitcases a long time ago, instead opting for a garment bag that folds in half and fits nicely in the overhead bin. Never a problem now.

Gurdon

Andy's right

I have used the folding method described in Andy's post several times. If you follow the directions given you can successfully pack two suits in a relatively small carry-on. I wish I'd read it before buying a nice, but somewhat expensive garment bag.

FWIW, I also manage to pack everything I might need for two or three days, including a second pair of nice shoes (in shoe bags, of course), into that same bag. You might wish to utilize otherwise wasted space by stuffing the shoes with socks and anything else that can be crumpled up, such as underwear.

Hope this is helpful,
Gurdon

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange