I sure miss the trad discussions.

crs

quote:Originally posted by Coolidge24
Trad is above trends
To be trad is to be above trends

Trad is uninterested in trends, not "above" them. Only the emotionally insecure need to assign a status to their attire. But then it's also true that only the emotionally insecure need to change their wardrobe every time fashion designers tell them to.

MP

Alanc

First of all congrats on the latest addition to your family.

As for the Ben Silver sale they had as you would expect tons of ties (though not as many repps as I would have liked) their own label, Drakes, Kiton, etc. lots of bows as well. Most regular ties were around $40-$50, but good bargains to be had in the $20 range as well. A small table of ties with minor flaws for $15 each. Some of the flaws were on the back of the tie! Plenty of Ben Silver dress shirts most at 50%-70% off retail. Lots of sweaters, mostly cashmere and still not too cheap at 1/2 off.

Other items:

Decent selection of Lacostes and Fred Perry polos at 1/2 off.

Lock and Co. hats 1/2 off

Barracuda Jackets $199.00

A rack of belts

A small amount of shoes, sport coats and trousers (too many pleats) were also there, as well as a women's and children's section. My wife did buy a handbag of some sort.

I am sure I am forgetting some items worth mentioning, but hopefully that gives you the general idea.

Mark

Coolidge24

quote:Originally posted by crs

quote:Originally posted by Coolidge24
Trad is above trends
To be trad is to be above trends

Trad is uninterested in trends, not "above" them. Only the emotionally insecure need to assign a status to their attire. But then it's also true that only the emotionally insecure need to change their wardrobe every time fashion designers tell them to.

Perhaps it was a poor choice of words on my part, but either way the message is the same.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.