Big T

What are the weirdest pizzas you've eaten? (i.e. spaghetti and meatball, hamburger, taco... etc to name a few)
When my wife and I were first dating, there was a pizza shop in her town that purported to be Italian, but if so, it served food unlike anything that I was raised on.

Anyhow, they had weird pizzas and my wife liked them, with a spaghetti pizza (yes, pasta on the pizza), a pineapple pizza (not bad, and quite popular around here today, but with ham also on it.

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
In Germany in about 1971 a friend and I were homesick so we went looking for something 'familiar' and entered a shop advertising 'Originalische Italinische Pizza'. We order a pepperoni. You want weird? Instead of pepperoni it was topped with pepperoncini and the cheese was Ermenthaller Swiss. It wasn't inedible just . . . weird squared.

Howard

Connoisseur
When my wife and I were first dating, there was a pizza shop in her town that purported to be Italian, but if so, it served food unlike anything that I was raised on.

Anyhow, they had weird pizzas and my wife liked them, with a spaghetti pizza (yes, pasta on the pizza), a pineapple pizza (not bad, and quite popular around here today, but with ham also on it.

I've never tried those pizzas before, I would like to one day.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
The spaghetti pizza, was, how shall I put it, BAD. On the other hand, pineapple was good. We have another local shop that has pineapple and canadian bacon, which is pretty tasty.
I've enjoyed a few ham and Pineapple pizzas. Odd concept, perhaps, but the finished pie is rather a treat for one's palate! Back in Hoosierville they were called Hawaiian Pizzas. Yum. ;)

Big T

I've enjoyed a few ham and Pineapple pizzas. Odd concept, perhaps, but the finished pie is rather a treat for one's palate! Back in Hoosierville they were called Hawaiian Pizzas. Yum. ;)
Your Hoosierville was on the outskirts of what I call Pennsyltucky! I believe the ham and pineapple is also referred to as "Hawaiian Pizza" around here. Another concoction that was tasty was baby shrimp and black olives.

In any case, if you view the crust as bread and the toppings as the main course, you could pretty much put anything you want (short of liver and onions) on the crust and call it pizza. I remember roughly in 1957 or 1958, my grandmother attempting to make what she heard pizza was: very thick slice of homemade bread, spaghetti sauce and some Romano cheese grated on top. I found the bread soggy and the combo not altogether that good.

ran23

In the late 70's I was night manager for a pizza chain in town. Empty in the late evening, I was making a pizza to go for a guy. Turned around and he had dropped a handful of pot on the pizza blank with sauce, I covered that with cheese and stuff. Pot is not my ting, so I didn't think about what happened when it hit the hot oven. I am sure I pulled it out early and sent him on his way.

Howard

Connoisseur
The spaghetti pizza, was, how shall I put it, BAD. On the other hand, pineapple was good. We have another local shop that has pineapple and canadian bacon, which is pretty tasty.

You know Big T I've had meatball pizza but never spaghetti, sounds like an awful combination if you ask me.

Howard

Connoisseur
In the late 70's I was night manager for a pizza chain in town. Empty in the late evening, I was making a pizza to go for a guy. Turned around and he had dropped a handful of pot on the pizza blank with sauce, I covered that with cheese and stuff. Pot is not my ting, so I didn't think about what happened when it hit the hot oven. I am sure I pulled it out early and sent him on his way.

Pot on a pizza sounds disgusting.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.