Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
My feeling is that anchovies are a spice or herbl-like condiment. I never use them whole and these days am more likely to use garum than even anchovy paste. Like the man said, they're salty.

Howard

Connoisseur
That would be a personal choice! I use little to no salt on my food and anchovies, are, well, salty! I do make exceptions to my rule, and that is when I have a Caesar salad! The bowl absolutely needs an anchovy rubbed around its inside!

I've had anchovies on pizza and they're very salty IMO. 🍕

Howard

Connoisseur
My feeling is that anchovies are a spice or herbl-like condiment. I never use them whole and these days am more likely to use garum than even anchovy paste. Like the man said, they're salty.

I searched on Google and anchovies has:

1,651 mg

Is this true or is it something different?

ran23

Back to my Pizza days, 2 Japanese students came in, wanting a fish pizza. I showed them anchovies and shrimp, they wanted that. That was a time I wanted to grab a mini slice out as I cut it up for them.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
I believe fish, pineapples and pizza - all fine things by themselves - should stay in their individual restricted areas without engaging in any interaction amongst themselves.

Just an opinion, nothing more.

Big T

I believe fish, pineapples and pizza - all fine things by themselves - should stay in their individual restricted areas without engaging in any interaction amongst themselves.

Just an opinion, nothing more.
I'd like it to be 1955, as a three year old, right before I stuck a bobby pin in an electrical socket and the first time of many, of me being knocked on my azz! But that's as likely to happen as ridding the world of these mislabeled pies.

The problem is many of these concoctions only have a bread crust that makes them resemble a pizza. I'm not full blooded Italian, as I am partly Sicilian also, and my most like version of pizza is a sweet sauce, with a variety of cheeses (must have some sharp provolone in that mix) and a sprinkling of garlic and oregano.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
That would be a personal choice! I use little to no salt on my food and anchovies, are, well, salty! I do make exceptions to my rule, and that is when I have a Caesar salad! The bowl absolutely needs an anchovy rubbed around its inside!
I searched on Google and anchovies has:

1,651 mg

Is this true or is it something different?
To be sure there is no misunderstanding, I love anchovies...on pizza, in salads and on a few occasions I've dropped a few in soups to add a salty hit. They also provide a very tasty salt hit when nibbled on on their own! However, anchovies are not a convenient indulgence. Mrs Eagle declares me strictly off limits for about 24 hours after I eat them, sometimes relocating to the guest room for a night to emphasize her point. LOL...I think? ;)

Howard

Connoisseur
Remember back in the days making your own pizza by getting 2 slices of bread, adding mozzarella cheese and sauce, put them in the microwave (or oven) whatever you prefer until hot and melted then enjoy .

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.