Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
tumblr_53c67808041e6cff8b246e0a97b0b773_2153a2be_640.jpg

Technically these are bruschetti but with your eyes closed you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference.

I took the poodle to the salon today and while she was being pampered and primped I had lunch at my neighborhood's newest pizza joint. It's been getting rave reviews and well deserves them. For the Oregonians among the brotherhood, it's called simply Milwaukie Pizza. Man!

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
In my experience, tomatoes have never looked any better, but just what are we looking at? I assume the presentation in the upper right corner of the photo is a Tomato Basil Pizza, but what is in those fluted pie pans...perhaps Tomato Basil quiche? :icon_scratch:;)
A good guess. Given the pathetic quality of store tomatoes, it's one of the better uses for them.

TKI67

Advanced Member
Made pizza last night and topped it with a simple tomato sauce (whole peeled Cento tomatoes crushed by hand, olive oil, salt, oregano, minced garlic, peperoncino, ground pepper, and a splash of red wind vinegar), and a mixture of whole milk mozzarella and sharp provolone. Simplicity itself but darned tasty.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.