If it comes down to money, is Romney the GOP's best shot?

AMVanquish

Looking at the presidential race from a neutral standpoint, let's say that the two nominees come out fairly even when it comes to issues, and it comes down to which campaign has more money to spend on the election.

For the past two years, I've been reading over and over again in the news how Democratic fundraising is soaring, and the GOP is way behind(the party itself was even negative early in the year.) Add this to the fact that left-leaning 527's greatly outnumber those on the right.

If this is the case, would Romney be the only nominee who could stay in the fight, since there's no limit to how much of his own money he can use?

I remember how the money problem got to be an issue for Dole in 1996. Not that he necessarily would have won that election, but he was basically nonexistent on TV until the convention, and then again between the convention and the debates.

Last edited:

Karl89

AMV,

Poll after poll have indicated that McCain stacks up the most favorably to any of the potential Democratic nominee. Rudy might have a shot too (though I can't support a pro-torture candidate.)

Karl

Wayfarer

Honors Member<br>P-Bomb
If money was the issue, the GOP should have talked Bloomberg into the race on the Repub ticket.

Don't worry the left has a million 527s. One good Swiftboating is all it takes :devil:

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange