bluesmobile_440

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Hello all,

I've recently discovered this website, and I figured I should probably introduce myself. I have been a resident of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania for as long as I can remember. I go to one of the Universities in the area and will be graduating college shortly. I have a job lined up post graduation in accounting and I am excited about life like every naive college grad is.

Before I discovered this website, I was ignorant and grabbed suits from Men's Wearhouse because I didn't know any better. I was seduced by the allure of one stop shopping like most men are. As I look at my closet, I've realized that the suits I have currently either will never fit me or need extensive tailoring. I'm a skinny kid at 5'8" 140 lbs so I need to get my dress shirts tailored into something slimmer. I'd also like a tailor that can get my Men's Wearhouse suits to fit if that is even possible.

So I was wondering if anyone on these forums knew of a good tailor that I could start forming a relationship with in the city of Pittsburgh? I've also heard alot about the Wizard of Aah's suits on these forums and they intrigue me. I'm thinking of getting a Marco Valentino from the Wizard of Aahs since I heard it was slimmer. Any opinions?

Thanks in advance and also for all the help that I've sponged before introducing myself. If I've somehow managed to botch any introduction rules please let me know.

swb120

Hi - congratulations on your upcoming graduation and new job!

Here is a threat on Style Forum about Pgh tailors that might be helpful:
https://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=43205&highlight=pittsburgh

Here is one that was recommended to me...he's in the William Penn downtown:
Dale Kelley
Kelley's Tailoring & Custom Design
Suite 329, The Omni William Penn
555 Grant St.
Pgh, PA 15219

Here's a thread from a recent grad who is near Pgh and asking questions that you likely are asking, as well:
https://askandyaboutclothes.com/community/showthread.php?t=81198&highlight=pittsburgh

jsheyn

Starting Member
Although I have not personaly used Settimio's, I have seem shirts of his, and they look really well done. I am however pretty new to the whole fine clothes thing.

Settimio's Fine Men's Clothing
11566 Perry Hwy
Wexford, PA 15090 Map
(724) 935-1158

If you are in need of easy quick alterations I use Alterations Express for things like hemming pants. The prices here are great, and the work is acceptable, and the customer service is outstanding. Do not take a suit here though!

Alterations Express
8199 Mcknight Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15237 Map
(412) 364-6373

bluesmobile_440

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Thanks

Thank you very much. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to post this sooner. I've been busy with a 100 page credit underwriting :p I'll definitely look into this as soon as I am able.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.