burnedandfrozen

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Hi Everyone,

A couple days ago I thrifted five pairs of wool trousers from Incotex. They were in like new shape and I only have to hem them up a bit. I've never heard of Incotex before and I cannot recall seeing anything about them in the years I've been here at AAAC. I could tell right from the first touch of the material that these are world class pants. The wool feels so much softer then other trousers I own from the likes of Zegna and Zanella. Truly a luxurious feel to the material. Further inspection of the seams and the extra tab button on the inside reveals a higher quality of workmanship as well. I was surprised not to have heard of Incotex before, but maybe I just missed comments mentioned here. Incotex doesn't seem to advertise either, as far as I can tell. After searching online for more info, it seems that full retail for Incotex trousers range from $310 -$625. At the low ends these are about what Zanella goes for unless one can catch them on sale, but Incotex just far superior at the $300 range. Then again, I paid $9.50 each for the five trousers so I'd say I got a pretty good deal.

LeggeJP1

I've seen Incotex discussed before as a top quality brand. Congrats on finding FIVE pairs at a thrift store, I am jealous! If you happen to have found any 34 waist pairs that don't fit, I bet you could sell them...wink wink.

Country Irish

Incotex is the best I have ever tried. While Zanella is a good brand it is not even intended to compete with Incotex. I would guess that Barbera or Brioni are in the Incotex range.
You found a great deal. It might be the deal of a lifetime.

Peak and Pine

Connoisseur
I've never heard of Incotex before and I cannot recall seeing anything about them in the years I've been here at AAAC.
I notice you've been here since '04 and in those seven years have you ever in a very depressed moment wandered over to Style Forum? Incotex is all they talk about over there. I know nothing about them except their name sounds like one of those made-up conglomerates that's out to rule the world in some future Bond flick and that, as you say, they can cost 600 bingos and there is no pant on earth worth that because they're pants that's why.

roman totale XVII

While I'd never pay the asking price for them , I do have a pair of taupe flannels that I got from ebay for about $100. They are out of this world in quality and comfort. My only minor gripe is that they are a little slimmer in cut than I'd usually like, but that's my style preference, not the fault of the pants!

burnedandfrozen

I did go back and read the older posts regarding Incotex. It seems like my impressions of them are about the same as most peoples. Yes, I did get possibly the deal of a lifetime. I also agree that Incotex sounds like a industrial brand, kind of like a company that would make scrubs or other industrial uniforms. I don't know if my pants are made in Italy or not. The label in the back pocket flap reads Incotex and below that Venezia 1951. I'll have to have a closer look. It doesn't really matter to me where they are made, they just feel like pajamma bottoms

Bookman

too slim cut for me...but, great quality...they often fall to the local Daffy's in odd sizes and sell for around $40...

Country Irish

They are made in various places. Italy and Portugal are the places that come to mind but there could be other locations. Don't worry since any of them are fine.

To Peak And Pine: No one pays list price! I would go broke quickly if I paid list for anything.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.