egerland

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Fascinating. My grandfather had a small shoe factory in southern Germany that morphed into a shoe store and repair business run by my uncle until recently. My uncle became a master shoemaker, and made boots now and then. Nothing bespoke, just footwear for farmers and workers.

London380sl

Great article though I suspect some people will disagee with his "No brown after 6 pm comment".

I was also bit surprised by his comment on putting shoe trees in shoes and laying them on their sides. First time I've heard of laying a shoe on it its side though it does make sense if you have leather soles.

moltoelegante

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Wow, I wish I could find someone like that within striking distance to make me bespoke shoes for that price!

By the way, the trade association mentioned in the article can be found here and is pan-European, so might be useful in tracking down shoe makers in other locations: https://www.evshoemaker.eu/

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange