Introduction (and confession) of a College Preppy

jmorgan32

Suspended
quote:Originally posted by 3button Max

spot on-
nearly headless Harris on the Jersey shore!(or Mystic)

Thanks for your support Max. I know I will get a lot of crap for my sentiments, but I can handle it. There just comes a point where "regular guys" like you, Dart, Coolidge, Intrepid, Markus and so many others I can't even mention, that some folks seem to "stand out" as knowing just way way too much. Even if they do, they can temper their replies to be a little more "user friendly" for the forum..Take care Max,
Joe

The Virginian

I guess I should be honored about all the puzzlement and confusion over my identity, though what can I say, I suppose good breading shows.:D I certainly didn't mean to get anyone in trouble nor spark a debate.

I assure you all that I am neither Harris nor anyone else who has previously posted on this board though I can only sincerely hope that one day I too will amass the trad knowledge that the more esteemed members here champion.

Heck, I’ll even post a non headless picture of myself! (Don’t mind the swatch on the back of the chair.)

Cheers!

jmorgan32

Suspended
quote:Originally posted by The Virginian

I guess I should be honored about all the puzzlement and confusion over my identity, though what can I say, I suppose good breading shows.:D I certainly didn't mean to get anyone in trouble nor spark a debate.

I assure you all that I am neither Harris nor anyone else who has previously posted on this board though I can only sincerely hope that one day I too will amass the trad knowledge that the more esteemed members here champion.

Heck, I’ll even post a non headless picture of myself! (Don’t mind the swatch on the back of the chair.)

Cheers!

Welcome our young version of Al Pacino! All complimentary young man. You know yer stuff.
Welcome,
Joe

The Virginian

I know I'm going to be peppered with rotten vegetables for this but the jacket actually came from J.Crew. Two buttons, single vent, natural shoulders, it's even undarted!

The bowtie came from Polo.

Hugh Morrison

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
quote:Originally posted by Vettriano man

quote:Originally posted by The Virginian

And what the hell, why not post a picture to shock you fogey trads with my go to hell preppy nature?
[:0] ...oh my God - look at this Hugh[:0], Trimmer[:0] and Doug[:0]

Not having any of this preppy lark round here, what chaps? Whatever next?

(Welcome to the board Virginian. No offense - you'll get to know my humour in time) :)

I think it's all very jolly, though I wouldn't wear it myself. Somehow we never seem to see this style on citizens of the 'former possessions' in the UK though - they either wear the white trainers, jeans and blue waterproofs of the tourist, or the dark suit and red ties of the city financiers. Where are the UK based pink jumper brigade?

For all your pantomime requirements visit www.pantomimesonline.co.uk
'The casual idea is the triumph of misguided egalitarianism. By playing to the desire to seem non-judgmental, the Slob has succeeded in forcing his tastes on the world at large (because to object to inappropriate dress would be judgmental)'- Patrick07690

n/a

Virginian, great pic and welcome to our strange little world. I agree that you do resemble a young Pacino...would have loved to seen him burst through the door in that ensemble and utter that famous phrase, "Say hello to my little friend!". Again welcome and thanks for the pic.

Larsd4

Great sportcoat and bowtie. I'll paraphrase my father, though when I say "Never be photographed with a drink in your hand." This is not as easy as it sounds, especially during the G&T months. Does the forum find this overly puritan?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange