ISO Slim Fitting 3/2 Roll in Charcoal

Mercrutio

Or gray sharkskin. Hope to spend under $1000 (would prefer a true bargain at half that really). I'm looking for a lighter wool, too, for summer.

Does anyone make such a suit? Is it only available in sack suits or are there other options? Any suggestions?

Thanks all in advance for your insights.

MHF

I'm pretty sure that Polo makes a suit with a darted 3/2 jacket, though I don't konw how slim the fit would be. I imagine that full retail is above $1,000, but you might find a deal on eBay or an online seller.

Mr. Knightly

Yes, check out Polo. I have one of their 3/2 darted jackets and it's fantastic (made by Corneliani). I also have a similar Corneliani-labeled jacket, which is my all-time favorite. Both have better lapels than J Press.

If you want to be that specific about fabric, you're almost certainly looking at MTM, so $1000+.

If you don't need darts, sacks can still look slim, unless you have a really big drop.

Mercrutio

I always forget about the Black Fleece Line

Not totally summer weight, but it falls just south of $1000 with the separates combined. Thought maybe you'd be interested anyway.

https://www.brooksbrothers.com/BB_B...=1&Section_Id=720&product_id=1385304&CurSeq=1

That seems like it would fit the bill--and add to it.

Do you have any experience with the Black Fleece sizing? It seems odd that they size a suit according to one's shirt size. Is this because they expect to do a lot of tailoring on the garment itself (my own experience with tailoring at BB was less than stellar) or is it because, with Black Fleece, they are cultivating more of a fashion boutique type arrogance, as in, "Well, you either fit what we have, will pay to have your own tailor fix what doesn't fit, or well, too bad." I would add I doubt any suit is worth what BB is asking for that one, if the latter is the case.

(To provide some context here: the last time I bought a suit at BB, the SA basically insisted that only the pants cuffs and sleeves needed adjusting, begrudged me the tailoring work to get the roll taken off the back, and didn't do anything to provide some necessary waist suppression. The cuffs turned out wrong, and the pants wore like balloons. I ended up taking the suit to my own tailor, who made it passable. The fact was, the suit was a poor fit. Admittedly, more than anything this was a bad buy on my part, but the service I got there via the tailor made it worse. For what it's worth, this was a few years ago, and I do believe I would be more particular--and more clear about what worked for me--now. So, I'm not hopeless about BB, but skeptical.)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange