It's finally happened! The wife wants to dress trad!

rl1856

Interesting thread. My wife grew up in a traditional (and thrifty) household and she dressed kind of preppy/trad when we met. However shopping pattern was to buy what was available and keep an eye on fashion. My influence was to have her think of clothing as a long term purchase- spend the money upfront to by quality that lasts instead of buying something trendy to be replaced next year. We used to joke that I wanted her to shop like a man. Longterm impact is that she buys clothing that lasts forever and frequents Talbots.

Best, Ross

Tim_McD

Great read. My wife has just started the transformation to "correct" dress. She has been at her company's corporate office for about 2 yrs now and was commenting that some of the people dress as I do. When I pressed her about the "some" people, she confessed that it was the people in senior positions.

Since she has progressed up the ranks, she has adopted the trad wardrobe and is still delighted at the number of compliments she garners. She has learned to dump black for navy, the value of worsted wool blazers and chucked all the sweater sets for button down shirts and classic sweaters.

As noted above, there is that pesky Burberry trench that she wants....a tough one since she wants new and not "vintage"

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange