It's that time of year again... shawl collar sweaters and cardigans.

leisureclass

Haha it's such a film, and Lemmon's character looks so great with such a basic wardrobe.

Getting back to the topic at hand, has anyone ordered from Northern Watters? If so, how are the sweaters? Did you have to pay any import taxes?

Had I not gotten a vintage model off the 'bay I would have tried these myself already as they seem like a great value.

Last edited:

Jovan

Honors Member
That Northern Watters knitwear link was helpful, thank you!

Anyone else have good sources for shawl collar sweaters and not cardigans? Preferably with the little button and loop and deep enough to show a shirt collar and tie.

In a recent issue of Esquire, they said men should preferably refer to button-front knitwear simply as a "sweater," maybe a "cardigan," but never a "cardi." Not that I listen to everything Esquire says, but I have to agree that abbreviation does sound effeminately grating.
I don't say "cardi" in real life, but I've never heard anyone else say it either. Be they man or woman. I don't think it "effeminately grating" though. Whatever you mean by that.

alkydrinker

^^^probably should have wrote it as "effeminate and grating." The term just rings in my ears like something a vapid woman would say.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.