Peak and Pine

Connoisseur
^

Or camels' hair. Top notch whatever which way. Look at that shoulder. And elephant lapels. Light buttons give a suit coat, if that's what this is, versatility, helping it when it goes off on its own.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
fab4eaa47c060b63320d981328d74301.jpg

Edit add: meant to post the below as a "Sunday Bonus" along with this guy ⇧, but left it out, so here it is. There's just a lot of Tweed in those old Basil Rathbone "Sherlock Holmes" movies. Heck, even Holmes' hat looks like it might be Tweed.
-2950905182939073270.jpg

Last edited:

Troones

Continuing with our periodic look at Tweed in the comic strips of the '30s and '40s, here's one from "Sparky Watts." Looks to me like a rough hewn Tweed half-belted back sport coat.
View attachment 48940

I couldn't find a close match, but this has an echo of Sparky's sport coat: View attachment 48941
I love love love this one. Is that a herringbone? I tried zooming in but can't quite make it out. An awesome jacket in any event. I have a grey/taupe herringbone with center vent that comes off as this shade. I wish it had an action back like this. I even like the elbow patches. I think they add a lot of character to tweed.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
I love love love this one. Is that a herringbone? I tried zooming in but can't quite make it out. An awesome jacket in any event. I have a grey/taupe herringbone with center vent that comes off as this shade. I wish it had an action back like this. I even like the elbow patches. I think they add a lot of character to tweed.
I think it's just a twill pattern, but let's use the AAAC @Matt S Bat Signal to get the definitive answer:
FC5QZEo.jpg

Oh, I and I think the patches work really well on it too.

Last edited:

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Cross post from the Ralph thread:
8656b47db939a732217fd1a7a29b919e.jpg

And in comic strip land, our man Sparky Watts seems to have switched out his rough-hewn and flecked Tweed sport coat for a solid sport coat and some Donegal trousers (maybe).
The_Brooklyn_Daily_Eagle_Fri__Sep_6__1940_(3).jpg

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.