Troones

^Very nice, but a bit long on that mannequin!

Another of my newbie questions: Is there a name for that particular check pattern? I have a jacket like that (posted previously in this thread) and I've been wondering.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
^Very nice, but a bit long on that mannequin!

Another of my newbie questions: Is there a name for that particular check pattern? I have a jacket like that (posted previously in this thread) and I've been wondering.
I'm sure there is a more accurate or correct name, but it looks to me like a two-tone houndstooth where the two colors create a kinda cross or windowpane effect (but I'm sure there's a real name for that).

As to length, a bit hard to tell, but I think, yes, long by today's standards, but possibly, very classic in length based on a traditional standards.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
A beauty!

Does anyone have any suggestions on an online source for action back tweeds? I have yet to come across one. I feel like if I could add just one to my wardrobe I would be a complete, well-rounded and content individual.
Unfortunately , I do not, but if you do find one and it accomplishes all you hope, please let me know so that I can order some Soma too. :)

EclecticSr.

A beauty!

Does anyone have any suggestions on an online source for action back tweeds? I have yet to come across one. I feel like if I could add just one to my wardrobe I would be a complete, well-rounded and content individual.
Try Orvis, they currently have one, tweed field jacket. Three tweeds to chose from.

Troones

Much appreciated. I actually remembered Orvis just after I posted this. I have an Orvis tweed jacket (non action back) and I'm impressed with the quality. And they have the best customer service I've ever experienced.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Much appreciated. I actually remembered Orvis just after I posted this. I have an Orvis tweed jacket (non action back) and I'm impressed with the quality. And they have the best customer service I've ever experienced.
Who'da thunk that Orvis would hold the key to becoming "a complete, well-rounded and content individual." :)

G

Guest-320971

A beauty!

Bookster does.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals