Fading Fast

Connoisseur
I love this pic. Newman clearly loved clothes and was a big fan of Ivy in the '50s and '60s. But beyond that, the pic is great for its setting, its architectural details (like the penny rounds he's standing on), his wife (it's always interesting when a woman marries a man who is prettier than she) and the memory it evokes of picking through street bins just like that for books back in the day.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Both feel like they might be dupes, hopefully, at least one isn't.
View attachment 49210
View attachment 49211

N.B. @eagle2250, note in the top pick, almost lost amidst the boutonniere and pocket square, it looks like our old friend the watch chain attached to the lapel buttonhole with the pocket watch itself in the breast pocket.
You have a good eye, my friend. This early in the AM, I would have missed the watch chain.However, a question remains...in the bottom pic, is that a gold rimed white button on the wine hued cardigan or vest, whichever the case may be? :icon_scratch: In any event, I like that jacket!
;)

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
You have a good eye, my friend. This early in the AM, I would have missed the watch chain.However, a question remains...in the bottom pic, is that a gold rimed white button on the wine hued cardigan or vest, whichever the case may be? :icon_scratch: In any event, I like that jacket!
;)
Good question, but on my old screen, it just gets blurrier as I enlarge it. Maybe someone who's bought a computer in the last five years can tell us. :)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.