Fading Fast

Connoisseur
That's an interesting pocket set up on his right side. Is that a patch ticket pocket/double pocket? I've never seen that before.
It's definitely unusual. I see what you're thinking and agree that it might be a double pocket as the material at the top's pattern doesn't align vertically which appears to indicate a second (and oddly larger) opening.

Well, I only like to do this when Gotham is in trouble, but I think we have to use our new (now with moving light) Bat Signal for this one and call in our expert @Matt S for an opinion.
d9lzy0f-3c4044fe-0bdb-4628-a840-66da1ec56b54.gif

Matt S

Connoisseur
It's definitely unusual. I see what you're thinking and agree that it might be a double pocket as the material at the top's pattern doesn't align vertically which appears to indicate a second (and oddly larger) opening.

Well, I only like to do this when Gotham is in trouble, but I think we have to use our new (now with moving light) Bat Signal for this one and call in our expert @Matt S for an opinion.
View attachment 49900
I have seen patch ticket pockets inside larger patch pockets. It’s an Italian thing.

delicious_scent

I don't like standard ticket pockets because they're a weird distraction right by your waist and add bulk, same reason I don't like giant square flapped pockets on sports jackets.
I have seen patch ticket pockets inside larger patch pockets. It’s an Italian thing.
S&M focuses a lot on Italian style, so to that...

I'm neutral on patch ticket pockets. They seem to blend in more and aren't as intrusive to an aesthetic.

Matt S

Connoisseur
I don't like standard ticket pockets because they're a weird distraction right by your waist and add bulk, same reason I don't like giant square flapped pockets on sports jackets.

S&M focuses a lot on Italian style, so to that...

I'm neutral on patch ticket pockets. They seem to blend in more and aren't as intrusive to an aesthetic.
I don't care much for patch pockets for the bulk they add, and flapped patch pockets are the worst by far! I also don't care for wearing ticket pockets because of the bulk right at the waist, but I like the idea of them. I'm really into fussy details! I get most of my jackets with flapped hacking pockets and no ticket pocket. I came close to asking for slanted jetted pockets on my dinner jacket, as there's nothing that looks more streamlined, but I went for straight because I knew I wouldn't regret that decision.

delicious_scent

I don't care much for patch pockets for the bulk they add, and flapped patch pockets are the worst by far! I also don't care for wearing ticket pockets because of the bulk right at the waist, but I like the idea of them. I'm really into fussy details! I get most of my jackets with flapped hacking pockets and no ticket pocket. I came close to asking for slanted jetted pockets on my dinner jacket, as there's nothing that looks more streamlined, but I went for straight because I knew I wouldn't regret that decision.
Hmm, I never even thought about the bulk of regular patch pockets. I'm biased towards them, but you're right in that they add bulk.

I do like how much more casual they look compared to flap pockets, and they're often paired with other "rounded" features like the lapel curve, natural shirt shoulder etc.

A hacking pocket does sound interesting though, I've never given it a shot. I may consider one for a SB top coat if I ever have one made.

Agreed that you can never go wrong with straight pockets. You can always tuck the flaps in to get a sleeker look as well.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.