eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Title on the pic said vintage Harris Tweed.
View attachment 50029
Vintage or not, the jacket has a definite appeal to it, the fabric pattern, the cut of the cloth, etc. Although there is a possibility of an imbalance to the shoulder padding...The right shoulder looks a bit broader than the left, but that might be the result of poor presentation of the garment to the photographer. Tell me the handsome beast is fitted with suede elbow patches and I will declare my undying love for it! ;)

Troones

Regarding the second photo; I know many here are not fans of the sweater 'round the shoulders look while wearing a jacket. The rationale being that if you were wearing sweater + jacket and got too hot, the logical thing would just be to take off the jacket.

I get that, and I used to agree. However, consider this. If you take off the jacket, you either have to carry it in your arm, or flung over your shoulder. I've never been able to hold a jacket over my shoulder without it slipping down. Its annoying. So, instead, you take off both, put the jacket back on, then wrap on the sweater, and enjoy your two free hands. I'm sorry, I have to admit I like the look.🤷‍♂️

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
I like the rig overall, but the deep purple socks are a bit much...they don't even match the tie, if that means anything! LOL. :):confused:
I'm of two minds about the socks. First, their color works in the outfit, so fine, but, second, they are clearly there to "stand out," or "make a statement"("I'm not as conservative as the outfit otherwise says"), which, IMO, is asking a lot of a pair of socks. Kidding aside, the socks-as-statement meme is a cliche for a reason, so I avoid it.

@upr_crust is a master at mixing in interesting and contrasting socks without making them the center of attention. That's the way to do it. Even bold socks should enhance, not stand out in, an outfit, as his do. It's a balance, but you don't want to be that guy wearing an OCBD, cable knit-sweater but with loud pattern socks to show you're a "rebel."

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.