Fading Fast

Connoisseur
WOW, there is "no break" and then there is "NO BREAK". That might be a little less jarring with a different pair of socks.
I noticed it too; feels very "fashiony." Wouldn't be surprised if it is from a few years ago when "flood" pants and loud socks was a look I noticed the newer menswear companies were showing to young guys.

Troones

I noticed it too; feels very "fashiony." Wouldn't be surprised if it is from a few years ago when "flood" pants and loud socks was a look I noticed the newer menswear companies were showing to young guys.
I also prefer more break than that, but that tweed really speaks to me. I'd feel it a bit too much as a suit, but as a pair of odd trousers, or just a jacket, I could make great use of.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Once again, a periodic visit to 1940 comic-strip land where we see an incredible variety of men's suits and sport coats (some Tweed) on regular guys waiting in line to register for the draft (today, October 16th 1940, was Selective Service Registration Day):
The_Brooklyn_Daily_Eagle_Wed__Oct_16__1940_(6).jpg

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
I like the tweeds, the shirts and the ties. There has probably been enough discussion surrounding the un-buttoned button downs and the tie bar.
The rig in the top photo is a strikingly handsome combination of garments and accessories. The Tweed jacket in the second photo is just as memorable, but OCBD collars are meant to be buttoned! ;)
Agree completely with you guys. And, just in case either of you happened to miss it, I posted this about the unbuttoned OCBD recently: #1,080

And, coincidentally, I read, after I posted that, that Ryan O'Neal's wardrobe for "Love Story" was bought at J.Press in Cambridge. His clothes in the movie are a time capsule of Ivy clothes circa 1970.

Troones

Agree completely with you guys. And, just in case either of you happened to miss it, I posted this about the unbuttoned OCBD recently: #1,080

And, coincidentally, I read, after I posted that, that Ryan O'Neal's wardrobe for "Love Story" was bought at J.Press in Cambridge. His clothes in the movie are a time capsule of Ivy clothes circa 1970.
I love that you and others have posted several photos lately of tweed paired with university stripe shirts. I was surprised to see in some of the earliest posts in this thread of some members dislike of the pairing. I think it's a classic combination and looks amazing almost every time.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.