delicious_scent

Maybe try the orthotics again as they've made them lighter and smaller than they were even five years ago. I would just like you to have the success with them that I've had as they've allowed me to wear shoes I had to stop wearing.

J.Crew is a on-sale-only purchase, but on sale, I've found there to be great value.
I'll have to look into it, fit has been a pretty big issue for my feet so I'm a lot more hesitant these days with experimenting with orthotics.

If there is a brand that has built in arch support for moccasin type shoes, that'd be great. I wonder if that's even possible with the construction though.

J. Crew does seem like a sale only purchase, but I am trying to buy more full priced items rather than only shopping on sale due to all tailoring dying down. *

*has mostly bought second hand in the past 6 months.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur

delicious_scent

If you haven't yet seen it be sure to check out the The Gentlemen the best movie about tweed since The Quiet Man...ok maybe not strictly about tweed but kudos to the costume designers. Of course what good would a post be without pics View attachment 50589 View attachment 50590 View attachment 50591
Agree completely - outstanding movie, outstanding wardrobes

#4,342

Thanks for the heads up guys, I added this to the Netflix list to watch.

I watched Godfather for the first time last winter, and it started the itch for wanting a longer overcoat. One thing I noticed when Michael was still part of his 'previous' life and more 'innocent', he was wearing a corduroy jacket.

A funny, well done gangster movie with great style sounds right up my alley.

Troones

I'm guessing those white pants are doe skin flannels and the coat is a 3/2 sack. Very sharp!
Agree, its superb. I have a near identical 3/2 roll sack jacket from J Press, featured in this very thread once or twice, and pairing with light cream pants was my favorite way to wear it. White works even better I see.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
I'm guessing those white pants are doe skin flannels and the coat is a 3/2 sack. Very sharp!
Agree, its superb. I have a near identical 3/2 roll sack jacket from J Press, featured in this very thread once or twice, and pairing with light cream pants was my favorite way to wear it. White works even better I see.
While it's very '50s Ivy, it's also very Apparel Arts/Esquire '30s as that's when you see a lot of patterned tweed sport coats paired with cream or white flannels.

I love "winter" white. I have several "winter" white sweaters, but have never bought any flannels in that color. If we still lived in a dress-up era, I'd be searching for a pair now.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.