Fading Fast

Connoisseur
An iconic Tweed that has stirred our sartorial passions for more than a century...it appears the style is a keeper! ;)
Proving your point, this is a Pendleton coat (I've posted these pics before) that I purchased only a couple of years ago.

It's a bold grey herringbone (the camera is so-so and the mirror is from 1928, so it doesn't pick up the pattern well, but it's very similar to the one in the other picture only a touch darker), with a four not three-button front, set in sleeves, big patch pockets and swelled edges.
IMG_4828-3-3.jpg
IMG_4826-4-2.jpg

Troones

I have purchased several items from them over the years and always found the merchandise to be of good quality. Jackets , trousers, shirts etc. and of good value.

keeping my fingers crossed that I will eventually receive my parcel. They are good people to deal with and I'm sure my problem will be resolved. No doubt covid plays large part in this.
Hope you don't mind my interjection, but I can confirm that the hard lockdowns going on in the UK are indeed having a big impact on e-commerce and postal service. I had purchased a nice tweed from another retailer over there and learned many weeks later that my item was no longer available. I'm still trying to get a refund.

Regarding the jacket, they have similar ones at Orvis, though missing some of the finer details. I've been considering one for a while now.

delicious_scent

Will get better pictures eventually. My current phone camera is really bad and this cloth deserves better.

If you asked a 5 year old me what I wanted to be when I was older, a giant sentient sack of glen plaid tweed is not what I'd expect, nor what I'd know what that meant.

Seriously though, I love this coat. I'm going to refer to it as a cloak though, because that's what it feels like. A big warm hug. What I hated about Balmacaan's before is now what I love. Potato sack, slouchy, rounded, etc. It's interesting because in tailoring terms, this coat is "too big", but I like how it looks on me.

I think it looks good worn open, closed, closed while belted, closed with belt hanging loose etc. It did end up being a very full cut vs. something remotely slim, but I've no regrets.

The silhouette shifts quite a bit while belted, and sometimes not for the better, depending on where the pleats are gathered. Can end up looking like a clean silhouette in the front with nice pleats in the back, or a pleated front with a flared skirt and hourglass shape.

I got to have my cake and eat it too -- bold AND versatile!

EclecticSr.

Hope you don't mind my interjection, but I can confirm that the hard lockdowns going on in the UK are indeed having a big impact on e-commerce and postal service. I had purchased a nice tweed from another retailer over there and learned many weeks later that my item was no longer available. I'm still trying to get a refund.

Regarding the jacket, they have similar ones at Orvis, though missing some of the finer details. I've been considering one for a while now.
Don't mind at all, I already have a couple of Orvis jackets. I'll wait another week at which point I will contact them and if they are agreeable I will offer to purchase a second in a different color providing they offer a discount and ship Fedex or UPS rather than Royal mail. I've received parcels overnight UPS
and recently within a week from Parcel Force. If I eventually I receive the the first nothing lost, if not they will have to give me a refund I'll make that understood upfront.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals