Fading Fast

Connoisseur
The coat is too small for the young man pictured. He looks like five pounds stuffed in a three pound sack! Nice jacket,though. ;)
It's crazy but that is the norm today. Four out of five young men on TV or in movies (or on the streets of NYC) wear suits or jackets simply too tight. I'm not the old guy on the lawn yelling at the kids as I'm fine with a modern slim cut (it can look very '60s slim if done right), but there is a line between slim and too tight and most of the ones today are too tight.

I don't get it as the material pulls and wrinkles funny even when the man is standing still and it only gets worse when he moves, but for some reason, that is the look. Once in awhile, you'll see a TV or movie character wearing a well-tailored slim cut suit or sport coat and it's stunning how much better it looks. I get that this is opinion, but my opinion is that clothes that bunch, pull and wrinkle upon almost any movement (and, sometimes, even when not moving) - clothes that have no clean drape or flow - do not look good.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
These are both outstanding. Any idea where the fair isle and this jacket are from?
I believe it's Ben Silver - looks like its style of clothes and modeling. No idea if it is from a current catalogue or not.

I love the "bomber" style jacket with the buttons too - I don't know if I'd use it much if I owned it, but I really like it.

DCR

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Just went to the Ben Silver site. The pic was from its site, but my guess, a prior year. This year, it's showing these two Fair Isles:

https://www.bensilver.com/Lambswool...8327.html?b=d*6051&s=d&p=23&c=33#.X8k86i1h28U

https://www.bensilver.com/Lambswool-Fair-Isle-Sweater-Vest-in-Wheat,36617.html?l=us#.X8k9JC1h28U
Figures, it was last years.. I actually have the current catalogue on my desk right now. For once, they have a garment that's reasonably priced. Thanks though

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.