Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
Hemrajani is back in the suit business so when he comes to town, I'll have Divij make me a similar (with side vents) one in corduroy. Drpeter and I have been discussing flannel slacks and I will explore those, too. Elbow patches on the corduroy are a definite necessity. It wears out a lot faster than good tweed.

ran23

On side note, similar to the above Tweed, I saw a Anderson Little Tweed jacket on ebay that I may go for. My first 'green'. Any idea when they did tweed jackets??

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
I saw this coat when I had the 1959 movie "Libel" playing on mute in the background the other day. I tried to find a full-length pic of it, but couldn't. Yet even from this limited shot, you can see that it's a bold herringbone Tweed - a pretty impressive coat. View attachment 55109
That particular Tweed could stop an RPG, but sadly...it is not a southern tier jacket! ;)

Eligius

I saw this coat when I had the 1959 movie "Libel" playing on mute in the background the other day. I tried to find a full-length pic of it, but couldn't. Yet even from this limited shot, you can see that it's a bold herringbone Tweed - a pretty impressive coat.
I had a similar experience recently with Royal Tenenbaums (admittedly one of my favorite movies) playing silently in the background and noticing Gene Hackman’s herringbone covert coat:

DCC95DD3-D5EA-47E5-86D8-AA8B1F3ABC97.jpeg

TweedyDon

Connoisseur
I bought one from @TweedyDon (he's has outstanding clothes, is great to do business with and is a very nice guy - in fact, here it is #31,699 ) a few years back. The prices of these old coats are very low as, as noted, people have lost interest in them. Keep looking, I'll bet you'll find some great ones at very reasonable prices.
Thank you, Fading Fast! If you'd like to send me a picture of you wearing it I'd love to feature you in the "Real People, Real Clothes" series that I have on my Facebook page, WaterhollowTweed..... which is where I migrated after the old Thrift Exchange was closed!

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
The colors of the Turtle neck and the Jacket work well together, however, the heft of the sweater seems to be overpowering the sizing of the jacket...yes, no?
:icon_scratch:
I agree and think part of it is the ridiculous overly slim tailoring of almost everything today. I never had a problem with a chunky sweater under a Tweed sport coat until the more recent trend of cutting jackets much slimmer. And, yes, the colors go well together.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange