Peak and Pine

Connoisseur
Harris tweed. Oooo-wee. My favorite kinda tweed, even tho I think the Outer Hebrides is some place on the Jersey shore. Aided here by a post-18 year old model, snow white shirt and great lighting. I dismiss many posts in this thread because they don't include those three. Or the shot is so tight you wouldn't recognize it if you ran into it at the airport. Or in my case, the bait shop. (The pic in the post just above is case in point.)
tumblr_pglc50HQSx1slceu6o1_640.jpg

Tweedlover

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Harris tweed. Oooo-wee. My favorite kinda tweed, even tho I think the Outer Hebrides is some place on the Jersey shore. Aided here by a post-18 year old model, snow white shirt and great lighting. I dismiss many posts in this thread because they don't include those three. Or the shot is so tight you wouldn't recognize it if you ran into it at the airport. Or in my case, the bait shop. (The pic in the post just above is case in point.)
View attachment 55296
Quite agree on the Harris tweed part. Think the model looks only 10 years post-18 however. :D Whenever I've seen classy looking models who appear somewhere between 50 & 60 on rare occasion, I can relate more, (at least age-wise if not classiness).

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
In the 1940 movie "Remember the Night," Fred MacMurray's wardrobe is not part of the story, but as is typical of the time, he wore a bunch of Tweed. I tried to find better pics, but still, these gives you a sense of how much Tweed was in a man's wardrobe back in that day. And from memory, as it's been awhile since I've seen the movie, the overcoat in the first two pics is a long, beautiful raglan.
800full-remember-the-night-(1940)-screenshot-2.jpg

unnamed-23.jpg
6a00e008dca1f088340240a4d5d6d3200d-600wi.jpg

Remember-the-Night-1940-Barbara-Stanwyck-Fred-MacMurray.jpg

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
In the 1940 movie "Remember the Night," Fred MacMurray's wardrobe is not part of the story, but as is typical of the time, he wore a bunch of Tweed. I tried to find better pics, but still, these gives you a sense of how much Tweed was in a man's wardrobe back in that day. And from memory, as it's been awhile since I've seen the movie, the overcoat in the first two pics is a long, beautiful raglan.

View attachment 55452
Ya know, I've never picked up on it before, but the young Fred MacMurray looks quite a lot like the older Ben Stiller....methinks? ;)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange