DCR

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Daniel Craig starring in a biopic focusing on Alex Rodrigueze's life in the sport, perhaps? LOL. ;) One could very reasonably conclude the person who authored this post has a mind that has gone fubar...or so says SWMBO! :crazy:
I'd venture to guess that may be a production still from the upcoming sequel to knives out. I believe that was the same coat he wore in the first film.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Yesterday, on mute in the background, I saw part of 1961's "Splendor in the Grass." Warren Beatty wore a couple of cool Tweed items, a classic herringbone overcoat (I think it's raglan, but only saw it for a flash as I do try to do some work from time to time) and a blue-grey herringbone sport coat. While there are a ton of pictures out there for the movie, I struggled to find any on these items and came up with only one so-so pic for each. But here they are.
198727__37951.1520025286.500.500-2.jpg

warren-beatty-was-jackie-kennedys-choice-to-play-her-husband-after-she-saw-him-in-splendor-in-...jpg

It's amazing how ubiquitous herringbone Tweed was back then (and in the '50s, '40s and '30s too).

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
When I posted this, I meant to note that this seems more real life than most pics, more like how I might look leaving the house. My not-ironed OCBDs look like his; I like my jackets to be tailored like that - neither skinny nor baggy (and traditional in length), and my not-ironed chinos often get that same annoying crease in the material over the zipper. Since we have a similar build, this guy could be me going out to run errands. I never look as put together as those Ralph Lauren ads, but much more like this guy.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Yesterday, on mute in the background, I saw part of 1961's "Splendor in the Grass." Warren Beatty wore a couple of cool Tweed items, a classic herringbone overcoat (I think it's raglan, but only saw it for a flash as I do try to do some work from time to time) and a blue-grey herringbone sport coat. While there are a ton of pictures out there for the movie, I struggled to find any on these items and came up with only one so-so pic for each. But here they are. View attachment 56499
View attachment 56500
It's amazing how ubiquitous herringbone Tweed was back then (and in the '50s, '40s and '30s too).
Splendor In The Grass, a great film that holds the viewers interest, long after the film has stopped running! Few or none of the movies produced these days have that effect on me. :(

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Splendor In The Grass, a great film that holds the viewers interest, long after the film has stopped running! Few or none of the movies produced these days have that effect on me. :(
Yes, agreed, this movie stays with you. It's been a long time since I've seen it, but might have to sit down the next time it's on for a true rewatch.

And while not Tweed, Beatty's wardrobe has a lot of Trad elements, like the classic gray sweatshirt that many of us grew up with as a given for athletic wear. Or his sweater vest or, later, his classic overalls.
Splendor_in_the_Grass-474488920-large.jpg
splendor_in_the_grass_2.jpg
v1.bjsxOTE1NDM7ajsxODcyMjsxMjAwOzIwMDA7MTAwMA.jpeg

challer

When I posted this, I meant to note that this seems more real life than most pics, more like how I might look leaving the house. My not-ironed OCBDs look like his; I like my jackets to be tailored like that - neither skinny nor baggy (and traditional in length), and my not-ironed chinos often get that same annoying crease in the material over the zipper. Since we have a similar build, this guy could be me going out to run errands. I never look as put together as those Ralph Lauren ads, but much more like this guy.
What is the source of that jacket?

EclecticSr.

What is the source of that jacket?
They are quite easily found on many of the British websites. Cordings, House of Bruar, etc.
Just google British shooting coats and many sites will pop up, even some ebay offerings.
The prices range from reasonable to off the charts. Many brands, have fun.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.