Fading Fast

Connoisseur
I’m going to miss the chill of tweed season. We’re heading into the too-warm-for-furnace-too-cold-for-a/c season. That’s bad news when you work from home, and can’t open the windows because of the construction noise of the massive condo being built right behind your property. Come back tweed season!
I started working from home ten years ago. It was interesting learning and adjusting to the sounds and rhythms of the day - both inside the apartment building and from the surrounding streets - versus those in and around an office building in a business district. Also, my apartment windows don't block out sounds like the office building's ones do. The worst was a renovation done in the apartment right above me - that made for a very loud several months.

Last edited:

David J. Cooper

I love the Tweed Shooting jacket above. I only own a few tweed items and my Shooting Jacket gets the most wear of all. In the morning to walk the dog and then almost anytime I venture out all winter long.

Is this a popular item in the US? I have never seen anyone in Vancouver but me wearing one.

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
I love the Tweed Shooting jacket above. I only own a few tweed items and my Shooting Jacket gets the most wear of all. In the morning to walk the dog and then almost anytime I venture out all winter long.

Is this a popular item in the US? I have never seen anyone in Vancouver but me wearing one.
I have several that I wear out to eat or to church on Sunday, or will, now that I am vaxxied and can leave the house.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
There are many good things to comment on in the rig pictured above, but that scarf is not one of them....unless of course it is a gift for his squeeze? Jeez Louise, just handling that thing could inject an unneeded shot of estrogen into a man's body! Ewww...;)
I like everything in the outfit but that ridiculous scarf spilling out from his pocket. I've worn outfits very close to his, sans scarf.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.