Fading Fast

Connoisseur
I know it was posted for the cloth but having a tunneled waistband to accommodate the elastic side adjusters is bulky enough. putting belt loops on top of that would probably cause you to size up your belt. I wear suspenders with trousers like that. It's a hefty cloth and suspenders would keep the trousers from sagging.
Agree completely, that's a lot of material for the belt to get over. But also, the beauty of side tabs is they eliminate the need for a belt and give the waist line a cleaner look; putting on belt loops undoes that.

Tweedlover

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
That is potentially one very desirable Tweed Jacket. The braces work incredibly well with the fabric pattern of the jacket and the ties color and hand also add to the rigs appeal, but the wearer should put a bit more attention into properly tying the tie! ;)
Agree about the tie lengths. Don't know if it was intentional or not, but have seen many pics of folks intentionally tying it so that the back blade hangs a bit below the front. Doesn't look right that way to me.

EclecticSr.

Is it me or is that jacket three sizes too small?
It's not you, I don't know what the fascination is these days with what some think is a good look, to stuff themselves into a suit/ odd jacket , the result, turning out looking like sausage.

Add to that trousers that hug the calves in both dress and casual making your feet look twice their size and are as appealing as warts.

Trouser length, what we once called high water . See warts above.

One other gripe, tie knots. It seems some have come up with new knots though yet to be named.
I vote for sloppy misshapen resembling something sloppy and misshapen. perhaps they never had any classic sartorial influences. Then there is the footballers knot.

Ever notice how shirt makers keep cutting back on collar size, ( band width ) leaves that barely extend past tie knot let alone reach jacket lapel? Tie knots that are never moved up to fill the gap at the buttoning point?

The above sausage looks worn with some white soled sneakers or whatever their called.
I'm talking with suits, though not exclusively. .

There are trend followers regardless the look and then there are smart dressers who accept certain evolutions of style but never stray too far from classic/smart into clownish. We hat wearers are often accused of being clownish. You wanna take a second look at " clownish" ?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.