EclecticSr.

Farlows or Cordings? These more subdued but very functional action back shooting jackets have great utility in the fields and around town (with khaki, denim, whipcord, cords, etc.). My observation is that many of us baby our sporting clothing too much. You don't really appreciate what it is about until you taken it off the beaten path.

View attachment 57682 View attachment 57683

Two of my favorite U.K. shops. I just today ordered 2 tattersall shirts from Farlows. I have more action back jackets that I'll ever need.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Now which is my first choice...the magnificent Tweed coat or the girl...:icon_scratch::icon_scratch::icon_scratch:.....who am I kidding, it's the girl...in a heartbeat! LOL. ;)
I was disappointed in your first two clauses, but you recovered nicely in the third, fourth and fifth. Always choose the girl. :)

And "the girl" here is Elizabeth Allen, one of my favorite actresses of the '30s. She had a reasonably successful career back then, but is all but forgotten today.

I wrote about one of her movies here #506 and, funny, commented on her in particular.

MV5BMDA2MzY4MDgtOGQ1Mi00YTY1LTlmZGQtOWE0Yzg5NDJmZmEzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzI5NDcxNzI@._V1_UY1200_CR...jpg

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.