Fading Fast

Connoisseur
To my eye, it looks like crows foot.
I used to know these patterns reasonably well as, in the '80s when I started buying traditional clothes, not only were these common patterns (in the old-school stores anyway), but the salesmen knew their names, but it's been three decades between then and now and my memory is all jumbled up on the terms.

krock

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Ok, Gentlemen. Here's some donegal for your viewing pleasure :)

Both are Santoni.
Grabbed 3 years ago.
The low top one has seen enough wear, the higher one still waits for its time (I have a pair of high sneakers in suede, I don't wear high sneakers very often, while they turned out to be much more durable than I thought.)
20160224_071119.jpg
20160224_071208.jpg

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Pics or it didn’t happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Found the pic. Noting that they are from that fine haberdashery Old Navy :), tweed might be a stretch, but they are wool (at least that's what the website said at the time and they feel like wool) and the pattern is herringbone:
dbbbe3e826b7f04c714e1bb45c0f7cf5.jpg

And say what you will about Old Navy, I paid ~$13 (on final sale) for these four or five seasons ago and they are still going strong and, sadly, despite having better shoes and sneakers, these receive, possibly, more compliments than most of my other footwear.

Adriel Rowley

Tweed flat caps are far from expensive. Oh, you can go to H&H or Purdey and spend a HUGE amount for a simple cap but you can also check out eBay or etsy and do very well. Or go ask Tweedydon. I'll bet he has some.
I am not seeing a shop for this Tweedydon, only forum name. What am I missing?

Sent a PM too.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.