Men's Clothing Forums banner

It's TWEED Season!

656K views 8K replies 115 participants last post by  Vecchio Vespa 
#1 ·
With the temperature in the shade at 93F, and a dew point of 70F, naturally, thoughts turn to tweed! Not to wear of course, but rather to aid in envisioning a sublime season of crisp breezes, cool dark shade and gentle late afternoon light.

Not necessarily Flanderian recommended, but rather some provocative and thought provoking ensembles featuring lovely tweeds.

https://tweedlandthegentlemansclub.blogspot.com/2016/05/tweed-more-tweed-2.html

See less See more
#5,459 ·
Those Specs were clearly made to pair with that Tweed, but alas, years back I decided to experiment with the compatibility of such frames with my face and as a pair of backup glasses for my Randolph Engineering Aviators. I got a lot of chuckles from friends and family members and a few inquiries as to when I had to be back at Hogwarts. They thought I looked like an aged out Harry Potter! Glad I still had my trusted Aviators. LOL. ;)

#5,462 ·
Round glasses don't look right on my face. Just had a new pair made as my prescription had changed. Now need some distance correction as opposed to my years of wearing them just to read. I wouldn't hang my glasses from a jacket pocket like that, however, as there is a great likelihood I'd forget they were there, bend over, and they'd fall to the floor.

#5,468 ·
#5,483 ·
The fabric pattern of that jacket really catches my eye and steals my sartorial heart. The orange tie struggles mightily to make a connection with the muted orange striping in the jackets fabric, but someone should have hit that tie with a much needed pressing before knotting it around the throat of that 'dressing dummy/mannequin!' However, I still quite like that jacket. ;)

#5,503 ·
I know it was posted for the cloth but having a tunneled waistband to accommodate the elastic side adjusters is bulky enough. putting belt loops on top of that would probably cause you to size up your belt. I wear suspenders with trousers like that. It's a hefty cloth and suspenders would keep the trousers from sagging.