Peak and Pine

Connoisseur
A polo collar can be an unruly thing. I like the function and the look of the button-down, especially on a long sleeve polo for I view a short sleeve polo like a short sleeve shirt: not my cup of anything.

I have two like Patrick posted. Not J. Press, I have nothing from J. Press. Mine are Faded Glory (I like that name) from WalMart. They did not come with buttons, I attached them. No holes, just the collar points permenantly tacked down, then buttons sewn atop.

delicious_scent

I hate to have to tell y'all this, but I've never met a button down collared shirt I didn't like. I'm going to have to get me a couple of those. ;)
I'm on board.

It's just the same idea behind an OCBD.

BDs inherently work great by themselves, and layered with anything underneath

Combine a BD with a polo shirt, a piece that is already versatile, and it's a match made in heaven.

I don't own a single spread collar polo for this reason.

rl1856

I have a few from BB. Material is fine lisle or cotton mesh. All are long sleeve with a full button front. Essentially a BD shirt in polo shirt material. A nice change of pace so to speak. Polo had a full line of BD mesh short sleeve polo shirts, about 22yrs ago. The shirts also had pockets. Unfortunately the material ripped easily at the point where the top edges of the pocket met the shirt body. I still wear them as "yard work" shirts. Too bad, because they looked great.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.