Jamieson sweaters

xcubbies

Searching around for an alternative source of crewneck sweaters, I happened upon a British site, End, which offers Jamieson sweaters at the reasonable price of $109 + $10 shipping. The color options are very different from my usual sources, i.e., O'Connells, Press, Andover Shop. The close-up view reminds me of the Spirit of Shetland sweaters that I have, but are no longer available.

In the description it speaks of a lightweight, loose weave, which is not apparent in the photographs. I 'chatted' with someone at End, and when I asked about my concern the weight of the sweaters he suggested their heavyweight Inverrarian cardigans, which I'm not interested in. I believe Ben Silver has carried Jamieson sweaters in the past, but it is possible that their much more expensive sweaters are special orders and different in weight, cut from those offered by End. I'm a bit wary of ordering, concerned that they'll turn out to be slim-fit, more style focused and not along the lines that one would find at the a/m stores. Any experience out there? What brave soul is prepared to make that first purchase?

Chrisone

Starting Member
I haven´t tried the regular shetlands, but Jamieson´s fair isle sweaters are very thick and heavy. So much that you can´t wear them indoors wintertime if you have modern heating. The fair isle sweater I bought is also strangely sized, with an XXL being equal to an L from other brands. So be aware, and buy from somewhere you can get actual measurements.

Could an alternative be ? They are lovely, and they come in an enormous selection of colors (custom made after you place the order). They have a very loose weave, in effect making them suitable for all year wear - at least in a northern climate. If you want something tigther and warmer, order them brushed or double brushed.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.