Flanderian

Connoisseur
A fave. As much as I love Diana Krall’s voice, it is her piano work and her ensembles I love most. (Well, her voice ain’t too shabby. Google A Case of You. For the best of both, Google Devil May Care.)

Very nice!

I have had the opportunity to see Trombone Shorty twice. Both times opening bands sounded something like this (which should come as no surprise).

Fun, happy music!

Flanderian

Connoisseur
Clean Jazz – Stan Getz Style -

Another jazz musician once described Stan Getz as “four or five of the nicest cats I know!” Here a cleaned up Stan Getz goes to record some nice Brazilian pop when suddenly some jazz breaks out! Many consider it some of his best work.

Apasionado. Very!

Flanderian

Connoisseur
Jersey Jazz Part II – Stacy Kent

Jazz that goes down smooth, but proves that smooth doesn’t need to mean devoid of content. Stacy Kent along with her Husband/saxophonist, Jim Tomlinson, are known as British musicians, and while Jim is English, and they both began their jazz career and built a following there, Stacy is actually a New Jersey girl. I’ve had the pleasure of enjoying their performances on several occasions.

She’s lovely! And talented!

Last edited:

Flanderian

Connoisseur
Jersey Jazz – Part III – Sarah Vaughan –

The girl from the City by the Bay. Considered by many to have had the finest vocal instrument to ever work primarily in the Jazz idiom. I won’t disagree. A potpourri of riches.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
I don't know how popular the late Johnny Dankworth was in the USA, but in Britain he was/is revered and became Sir John Dankworth.
Arguably the best known British jazz musician of his era, he was still comparatively less well known than U.S. musicians of similar talent. A pity, as he's marvelous.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
^^
The Teapot is on the stove...waiting for company! ;)
Glad you enjoyed it. Dave Cantor did lyrics and melody, and I find his work quite droll. Kelly Flint is the vocalist. But the group broke up about 10 years ago.

Here's one more, perhaps a bit darker than PG, but very clever and well done. Beautiful in it's own strange way. But please delete if you feel it's inappropriate here -

Last edited:

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
I'm betting that John Travolta would have a very difficult time squeezing into those dancing clothes these days. I suspect a whole lot of pasta has gone into making him into the man he is today! ;)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.